Author Topic: Only see scout reportson map if first click link?  (Read 5763 times)

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
I think if I click a scout report link, then when I look at map I see icon for it. But if I do not first open report it does not appear on map?

Is this true, and is this bug? I would like new reports to be already on map when I look.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Your map only shows scout reports you "own." Scout reports you receive are not "owned" until you click on them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Your map only shows scout reports you "own." Scout reports you receive are not "owned" until you click on them.

Which is something I'd love to change. But am afraid that one might become pretty complex to do.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
Can they no be made to be owned at the time of the send, instead of the time of the click?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Can they no be made to be owned at the time of the send, instead of the time of the click?

Nope, I don't want my map full of scout reports I don't give a toss about.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
perhaps this can be triggered on/off like militia? or in a pop open box?

I think there are many things De-Legro wants that others do not; for me, I do not want so much click click click click click everywhere to understand things. it makes me want to play less time

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Nope, I don't want my map full of scout reports I don't give a toss about.

Yeah there's layers for that.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Yeah there's layers for that.

No, there are layers to remove all scout reports. There are invariably ones I care about and ones I don't. I don't play as a marshal or general, I don't need to know everything that is going on. At the moment I can control that by only viewing the scout reports I want to know about, and then those are nicely on the map.

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
I do not understand this answer. There is an icon. If you do not want to see, you do not click. Like everything else.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
No, there are layers to remove all scout reports. There are invariably ones I care about and ones I don't. I don't play as a marshal or general, I don't need to know everything that is going on. At the moment I can control that by only viewing the scout reports I want to know about, and then those are nicely on the map.

Then that is your view. I'm fine with that.

I don't care about militia in allied lands either, yet it is still shown by default on my map upon opening..

All I am saying is that I think it would be useful.

Making remarks like this:
"Nope, I don't want my map full of scout reports I don't give a toss about."

Isn't really stimulating a healthy discussion.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Then that is your view. I'm fine with that.

I don't care about militia in allied lands either, yet it is still shown by default on my map upon opening..

All I am saying is that I think it would be useful.

Making remarks like this:
"Nope, I don't want my map full of scout reports I don't give a toss about."

Isn't really stimulating a healthy discussion.

Then I would suggest the answer is to provide more control over other aspects of the map display, rather then taking away one of the few that exists to reduce the level of icon spam.