Author Topic: 15 Nobles! 15!!!!  (Read 17554 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: 15 Nobles! 15!!!!
« Reply #15: March 07, 2019, 12:49:27 AM »

Then volunteer your time rather then putting more expectations and responsibility onto our volunteer devs.
This is not an add-on like the character page pictures or signature banners. This changes the way every player will have to interpret the game and it blindsided a lot of people, myself included. If the devs need someone to volunteer to post upcoming changes to the community, then I'll volunteer.
If a new realm fails for any reason, that's on the players of that realm and no one else. My experience with this game over the years that I have played, only 2 realms had more than 15 knights when I had a character join up.

From what I understand about what was kicked around on the discord, not that I knew I had to check there as well, was that this rule and the 15 number came as a result of discussions about what Dukes on EC were doing? I don't know the full story and im not sure it would change my opinion. i was personally IG victimized by an EC duke whose actions would have been blocked by this rule. But IMO a Duke being able to exercise their power to break off whenever they please was a MAJOR game component.

I figured out how you guys came to 15. it's just (exactly) the average of the number of nobles by the number of realms, minus the SI. However, I cant be sure (for reasons mentioned above) whether or not the matter of just how limiting this change would be was brought up and discussed. I don't think setting the average as the standard is reasonable. For example, there are only THREE realms at this time that CAN have a ducal secession under this new rule and still have a minimum of 15 nobles remaining and NONE of them are even on the same island. In fact, one island doesn't have a single realm that COULD and still have enough left over to maintain the mother realm. I realize that minimum remaining is not part of the rule, but it can certainly be inferred as part of the intent in the context of supporting the proliferation of "viable" realms. I think 15 is a reasonable goal for realms to shoot for, but not realistic in that it would require extraordinary effort to hit that right out of the gate rather than building to it on their own.

That said, now that it's been imlemented, I don't actually believe it should be removed entirely. Adjusted perhaps. Even 10 would have meant a world of difference.  Or even having an adjust scale so that a duke must carry at least a third of the realm or something. I worry that locking dukes in at 15 like this will only cause stagnation for little gain.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"