Author Topic: Where is the magic? (Why I think game is broken)  (Read 10324 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I'm already working on a way for most takeovers to be faster and easier. It's part of a larger package of changes you can see in my roadmap post.

Fundamentally, BattleMaster is not a game of exploration. It is a game of war and conquest, and the politics and intrigue that go along with that.

It's also not a "knights and sorcery game." Indeed, for several months now we have been deliberately dialing down the amount of magic available in most of the game because most of the player base sees it as too much.

There are times when BattleMaster plays somewhat more like a fantasy novel, but those are the invasions on Beluaterra. Those take a lot of sustained developer/game-master time and effort, and even at their best, there are still many players who feel that they just get in the way of what is, to them, "real BattleMaster"—that is, the more common PvP experience.

But if you joined BattleMaster expecting to play a knight-errant on a rousing adventure....I'm sorry, but this isn't that game, and it never will be.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan