Author Topic: Where is the magic? (Why I think game is broken)  (Read 10295 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
To be fair there have been some errant knights on rousing adventures and they did just fine.

@Kiran, battlemaster - contrary to what Anaris says - accommodates many different types of gameplay. Some of them more valid than others, most of them entirely possible. Sometimes what devs intend the game to be and what it happens to be are two different things, sometimes they're the same.

I for one played a loyal knight, a mighty general, a power behind the throne, a terrible spy schemer, a couple of adventurers, a rogue commoner asking to be beheaded with his outrageous behaviour, an explorer, a religious zealot. Sometimes I felt like game mechanics accommodate my needs nicely, sometimes I felt like I went against the current. Most of those roles were thoroughly enjoyable.

If your realm is just blind following of orders and you dislike it - change the realm. Or better still - change the realm. (Huh, a pun? A pun!)

@Anaris, I feel like you are too quick to tell people to leave. You might not be giving your adopted brainchild the credit it deserves. Especially considering that BM desperately needs new players.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)