Author Topic: Where is the magic? (Why I think game is broken)  (Read 10346 times)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The game is what it is.

We have all come to BattleMaster looking for something.

When we get here we can:
Work with what we find available and have fun within the game's existing limits.
Work with others to change the limits that we find, to increase our fun.
Decide that the game is not what we expected and look elsewhere to have fun.

The game is not what I had initially hoped for when I found it almost 10 years ago, but I decided to stick around and enjoy myself within the bounds that the game offered. 
Over the years, I have made suggestions and commented both positively and negatively to other peoples suggestions about making the game better for me and everyone else. 

We are all here for different reasons and if the game is going to work for all of us, we have to consider that not everyone will be happy with every aspect of the game.

Now, on to possibly offend a few people.  :)

For my part, I really have no real interest in most of the RP's that many players post.
Anyone who knows my family will know that I have hardly ever participated in any "roleplay" events.
That is not why I am here, unlike so many others that appear to be here to write story books.
I do play the role of my characters, but I am no story writer.
I don't complain about the players that do tend to write lots of RP's, that may be why they are here and that is how they have fun.
They don't complain (at least not to me) about me not writing/participating in many RP's.

We are all here to have fun and should be allowed to have fun in our own way, within the bounds set out by the game.
Unlike many games, BM gives us this forum and other tools to allow us, as players, to help change/improve the game we play.