Author Topic: Infiltrator Tactics (Pathfinding)  (Read 2986 times)

Matthew Potter

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Infiltrator Tactics (Pathfinding)
« Topic Start: March 13, 2019, 12:02:10 AM »
Title:
Infiltrator Pathfinding

Summary:
A suggestion for an addition to Infiltrators, they can use tactics to disrupt the travel of enemies or rather everyone moving along that region from what the tooltip says.

What if they were able to possibly accelerate the travel of their allied members of an army. Giving Infil's a more support focused role which is how i've seen them.

Details:
Accelerate travel of your army

Benefits:
Positive Support Orientated ability

Possible Downsides/Exploits:
Might have issue's with stacking or affecting scout bonuses ??

(In addition a bit of quality of life, would be getting details to know if your disruption was at all successful even if they enemy still reached the territory (did they lose an hour etc ???, maybe it costs a scout to do the checking etc but it would also help with being able to tell if there was ever a bug in the system etc.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:04:06 AM by Matthew Potter »

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Infiltrator Tactics (Pathfinding)
« Reply #1: March 13, 2019, 12:29:46 AM »
Infiltrators doing something helpful might change the way they are played.

I doubt Anaris' infiltrator overhaul will be coming anytime soon. A minor feature addition like this would be really wonderful.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 13, 2019, 12:57:20 AM »
Don't scouts already perform this task (though random)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 13, 2019, 01:17:48 AM »
Don't scouts already perform this task (though random)

As I understand it, having more scouts may increase your chances of finding a quicker route saving you a couple of hours travel.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 13, 2019, 02:12:23 AM »
This requested feature would guarantee to have the travel time reduced I believe.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 13, 2019, 02:41:15 AM »
Should something like this be considered, which I find to be an intriguing idea, I would suggest that infiltrators have the power to reduce or increase travel times IN the region they are in.  Whether leaving or entering.

AKA.  They and the army are in region 1, moving in region 2.  The infiltrator could changing travel times in and out of region 1.
Or they could move to region 2 and change travel times going into or out of region 2 once there.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 13, 2019, 04:23:37 AM »
Should something like this be considered, which I find to be an intriguing idea, I would suggest that infiltrators have the power to reduce or increase travel times IN the region they are in.  Whether leaving or entering.

AKA.  They and the army are in region 1, moving in region 2.  The infiltrator could changing travel times in and out of region 1.
Or they could move to region 2 and change travel times going into or out of region 2 once there.

They can increase travel times, though they have to been travelling between two regions, IE they slow down movement on the road they are on. This was my key responsibility as a army infiltrator when I was in Arcaea. Many a time I ensured the enemies largest units did not arrive in time for battle. I never actually stabbed anyone in all my time as a infil.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 13, 2019, 04:28:20 AM »
They can increase travel times, though they have to been travelling between two regions, IE they slow down movement on the road they are on. This was my key responsibility as a army infiltrator when I was in Arcaea. Many a time I ensured the enemies largest units did not arrive in time for battle. I never actually stabbed anyone in all my time as a infil.

Can even new infiltrators do this? Or do you still need well trained infiltrators?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 13, 2019, 04:46:42 AM »
Can even new infiltrators do this? Or do you still need well trained infiltrators?

To be honest I was never particularly skilled. I refused to spend gold to train a infil and learned completely on the job and was able to do it.

Tourmaline

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 13, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
Be nice to give infiltrators more positive uses, I like this idea.