Author Topic: 1 Ruler Per account  (Read 15485 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Ruler Per account
« Topic Start: March 13, 2019, 08:15:01 PM »
Can we put the start of this?
A character was deleted yesterday and the player gave this reason:

Steon Le Bras has deleted the character Avielour. The reason for leaving was: There may be some person having fun, but I do not know who.Maybe the general who does all the things?

Some people started to give their thoughts about the matter and we ended up discussing this one ruler per family thing (which, I am totally against).

I believe that, having a lot of players, it is wise and fair to not hold too many positions but, as we are now, sometimes we don't have much option.

It would be lovely to have all what was said posted here and so I will copy what I've said.

We gave space to new players in one of the realms I play and the result was not the expected. It take some time to new players to understand how unique is BM. What applies to other games does not aplly in here. I can tell this.
First ime I was at IRC, coming from another game, I've called Tim "Queen Anaris" and I was told that BM separate IC and OOC so well that we even have this option to message people ooc and this is only one detail that make this game so good.

As K Monks said, if you doesn't like the game, you just leave, quietly. You don't need to make drama. If you want to be a ruler, fight for the position, as you would do in RL. Show you are a leader and you can lead the team to something good. Many of us are in Taselak because we believe Erdogan will lead us so I think its just not fair to blame him.

As for the one ruler per family thing, I believe that if we were back to a bigger player base this will happen automatically. It doens't need to be a rule. If we have some players with many positions now is because we don't have enough players wanting the job.

Thing is, some players put more effort in the game than others and it is because of them that the game still exist.

Eleanor (Dubhaine) should be a example for us on all this. She holds the banker position in some realms just because she is the best banker EVER.
I could never do this job as good as she does.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:16:33 PM by Miriam Ics »
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."