Author Topic: Dwilight Limits  (Read 3337 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Dwilight Limits
« Topic Start: July 19, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »
One can have one (1) noble and two (2) adventurers on Dwilight?!? Eh??!! I had no idea...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Limits
« Reply #1: July 19, 2011, 02:01:03 AM »
Can those adventurers then become nobles, meaning you have 3 nobles on Dwilight?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: July 19, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »
Probably not.

BTW: Out of scientific curiosity I tried seeing whether this worked on AT. It doesn't. You can have at most 1 noble and 1 adventurer. Interesting.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 19, 2011, 02:05:20 AM »
Can those adventurers then become nobles, meaning you have 3 nobles on Dwilight?

No, you cannot ennoble an adventurer on Dwilight if you already have a noble there.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 19, 2011, 02:45:34 AM »
Wait what... two advies on top of a noble? Is that intended or a loophole in the code?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: July 19, 2011, 02:51:40 AM »
I've got no clue. But seeing as how it's not possible on AT (And I assume all other stables) I'm guessing it's a hole that's not meant to exist. Well, in any case, probably best not to try to reproduce this right now.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 19, 2011, 04:50:33 AM »
I would assume it's a bug, but I know the code about advies on Dwilight is and has been wonky for a while so it's probably one of those "in-process" things.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: July 19, 2011, 07:21:36 AM »
didn't Tom allow people to create extra advies during the fourth invasion?

egamma

« Reply #8: July 19, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
didn't Tom allow people to create extra advies during the fourth invasion?

The fourth invasion...of Dwilight?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 19, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »
As far as I know, you've always been able to have two characters per island, with the exception of Dwilight. Those characters could be either any combination of noble or advy. There was no special exemption for the invasion. It is only recently that the one-character restriction on Dwilight was altered to allow a second character, provided that second was an advy.

Three active, unpaused characters on Dwilight has got to be a bug.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.