Author Topic: Title System - Achievement System  (Read 7947 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Title System - Achievement System
« Reply #15: July 30, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »
I would love to see something like this happen.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 07, 2019, 02:40:44 PM »
So, what WOULD we need to do to make this happen?

We'd need a list of achievements and how they are earned. These would need a list of measurables, and to also have the game start recording things that weren't already.
There'd be the title itself, and that ties into the customisable title system and enhanced message system, which Ideally would allow you to choose from among your titles and signatures. If you earned the achievement for mosts backs stabbed or most enemies killed or most bounties claimed, you'd want to be able to boast about it.

say, it recorded those stats every month, and whoevers record got beaten would have to hand over the title to the next person. I'd like to see a "channel" of messages where such leaderboard shenanigans were displayed. when you log in, you'd get to see the movement of, say, the top five people vying for a certain monthly achievement,

"Well, I just missed out on the record for stolen tax money - i'll have to try harder next month for that Master Thief title!"

Implementing records give people a look at the guts of the game, gives them another reason to log in and check the stats and maybe find a new purpose for their character. Getting in a good competition can drive bragging and boasting rights as well as lamenting your loss. Make this a fun monthly contest, essentially.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 07, 2019, 09:09:10 PM »
So, what WOULD we need to do to make this happen?

MORE DEVS

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 08, 2019, 05:51:58 AM »
I have watched The Matrix, Hackers, AND The Italian Job.

How can I help?
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.