Author Topic: Future Direction of the Game: Realm Size  (Read 7135 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Future Direction of the Game: Realm Size
« Topic Start: March 14, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »
I'd like to add a gentle reminder of the roadmap, specifically the forthcoming Hinterlands feature. This will add a new dichotomy for regions—Hinterland vs Fully Controlled—and allow for effectively unlimited expansion, with the core of the realm being the regions with lords and knights, and regions beyond that for any length of time reverting to (or originally being taken as) Hinterlands, which are faster to take, faster to lose, give few resources, but still fly your flag.

I'm strongly considering another small but significant change to go along with that: decreased travel times within your realm. That would mean that you could go to your borders fast, and only have to deal with full travel times once you're outside and traveling through unknown or hostile territory.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan