Author Topic: Future Direction of the Game: Realm Size  (Read 7089 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Future Direction of the Game: Realm Size
« Reply #15: March 14, 2019, 03:41:09 PM »
I would note that the reduced travel times in fully controlled regions are what brought me over to considering hinterlands because of concerns for distance from war.

Greybrook

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 14, 2019, 04:49:51 PM »
While I would like that, the idea that travel times linked to production makes more sense arguably. While I do not know how it is calculated now, making a simple calculation between the two regions based on their production could impact it? Therefore, going out into the wild is a difficult endeavour but could be tamed.
Up for the discussion though - I do like the seasonal play but I dislike the winter travel as much IC as the next guy.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 14, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »
The purpose of this is to allow the taking of regions to confer more of a strategic benefit.

It also make sense from a realism perspective: if you control the region, you have jurisdiction over the main roads (and there would most definitely be roads leading between major population centers—like the estate of a lord), and the local bureaucracy will support you.

If you don't, they may actively hinder you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 15, 2019, 02:50:47 AM »
I eagerly await the hinterland introduction as the current hard limit on regions is making things extremely difficult for many realms to engage in war...