Author Topic: Training Center Militias  (Read 3319 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Training Center Militias
« Topic Start: March 26, 2019, 08:27:31 PM »
I think the problem with that idea is that in BattleMaster terms, that is what militias are. They're perfectly ordinary units, of regularly-trained soldiers, that happen to have been left in the region (or originally recruited into the region) as guards.

I'm definitely interested in the idea of having militia in the game that are more like what we would actually refer to as "militia" in the real world during the period, but I don't have anything very specific in mind yet.

Well if you want something more complicated, we could utilize that regional economy page we used to have.

When you call militias, rural regions will mostly gather peasant militias who are melee with very little training. badlands, woodlands, and mountains can used hunters as militias so they'd get nice archer militias but due to those regions mostly lacking population, you won't get many militias.

Finding the fine line between making militias matter and making people less reliant on militias as their primary defense is hard. For years, people mainly used militias as the primary defense against their enemies but how do you design a system which can account for BM's overall lack of players? Can you make a militia system that can react to the number of nobles on each continent so when there are less players there will also be less militias? While grows back up when we get more nobles?