Author Topic: Influence  (Read 3371 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Influence
« Topic Start: April 05, 2019, 12:15:25 PM »
The basic idea as I had it wouldn't help large realms actually.

Well, it COULD depending on how some of the stuff was handled.  But I assume we wouldn't go that way.

And yes, I was assuming we would use the existing sympathy/loyalty stats for this that regions already have.

The most basic look at my idea would be to say that every region looks at the regions around it to see what they are like.

Region A borders two regions.  Region A is rogue.
Region B belongs to Realm 1.  It has recruitment centers, a granary, a scouts guild, a large temple, and numerous shrines.
Region C belongs to Realm 2.  It has a single recruitment center and one shrine.

Region B is pretty nice, so Region A's sympathy for Realm 1 goes up, increasing the chance of them automatically choosing to join Realm 1.

Now Realm 1 and Realm 2 have been at war for a while, and there have been several battles in Region A.  Realm 2 has won most of those battles, which increases their sympathy towards Realm 2.  But there's been a lot of devastation caused by these fights, reducing the sympathy held for BOTH nations.

Now add Region D to the mix, belonging to Realm 3.  It is a townsland with a marketplace, several recruitment centers, several granaries, a massive temple, and multiple shrines.  Realm 3 has not been fighting in Region A.  They are profoundly neutral and have done nothing at all to hurt the people of Region A.  They in fact look like a calm in the storm that is battering Region A from both sides.  They are scoring a perfect 10 on the sympathy rating.  Region A is desperate from some peace and quiet and nobody is giving it to them, the RNG rolls high at the turn change, and they join Realm 3 in hopes that the nice guys will protect them from both of the other nasty bad guys.

Which leaves Realm 3 in the position of having to decide if they want to get involved in the fight, or leave Realm 1 and 2 to plow each other over Region A.  Or force them to take a different route in their fighting.