Author Topic: Why can't courtiers train in swordfighting or jousting?  (Read 2272 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I've just become a courtier only to find out I can't train in sword fighting anymore. I'm still able to issue duel challenges (am I able to attend tournaments)? What is the rational behind this?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Each class can train the skills that are directly relevant to them.

Only infiltrators can train infiltration.

Only courtiers can train bureaucracy.

Only warriors can train swordfighting and jousting.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Then shouldn't courtiers just be banned from duels and tournaments like priests are?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Then shouldn't courtiers just be banned from duels and tournaments like priests are?

Courtiers can fight, they just aren't focused on it.

And who says the skills you train in the academy have to include everything that character could possibly do at that time?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan