Author Topic: Commoner Questions  (Read 9748 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Commoner Questions
« Reply #15: May 04, 2019, 03:21:44 PM »
Maybe in this game churches different, but real life, church never make noble into common person.

And if you will actually go back and read all the posts in this thread, you will see that no one has made the slightest claim that that is what happened.

Please do catch up on all the posts in a thread before posting, especially if you feel upset or wish to correct errors you see in the early posts.

To save you a little bit of time here, I reproduce the most relevant message below, with the most relevant text therein bolded for your convenience.

Letter from Antonia Fitz Roberts
Message sent to all nobles of Obia'Syela (35 recipients)
It is clear to me that the Oracle's will has been misinterpreted. He has not been declared a commoner, simply demoted to a position of dishonour in the faith as a punishment for his gross and flagrant attacks on the sanctity of our Oracle.

Declaring him a commoner would be another thing entirely. He is still a noble, yet in the eyes of the faith a noble so disgraced that he should not hold positions in the faith reserved for the nobility

Antonia Fitz Roberts
Dame of Rines
Marshal of the Farseers of the Oracle
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan