Author Topic: Rebalancing regions  (Read 3669 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalancing regions
« Topic Start: May 21, 2019, 12:09:31 PM »

Agree that there are indeed some regions that would be well served with a rebalance of some sort. These are roughly the 15 trashiest regions you can get on EC. For a lot of the other regions, there is a fair balance between the food/gold value. Rurals may be gold poor, but food rich- with notable exceptions like Skezard and Zamor. Mountains offer the option to build palisades, and a lot are pretty rich- exceptions being Bursa, Ar Raqqah, and Bastad. Cities, gold rich, food poor. Woodlands seems pretty middle of the road. Badlands on EC, on the other hand, seem to catch the worst of all worlds, with the notable exception of Perdan Mines.

I guess the balancing for the OI regions and other regions like Dayr happened during Bad Tidings. However, particularly in the current state of the game, this creates a situation where those regions are simply not attractive anymore, and consequently don't generate much conflict and player interactions. Short of these regions not existing or changes to the map, it would be great if the gold/food values could be tweaked for some of them on a case by case basis. The OI badlands, for instance, are in a volcanic weather area. Why not a multiplier for the food production here? They should be highly fertile. This makes that area suddenly valuable, and a realm there an important player. I know that hinterlands will take away from the need to abandon such regions to rogues in order to meet density limits. However, a rebalance will make these sorts of choices far more interesting, and in my view create more interaction.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell