Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51526 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Topic Start: June 05, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »

Two Cuts

“For the blood of my countrymen, I will give of my own and take of our enemies.

By the strength of my hands will greatness be wrought.

For the honor of my family, I will not break faith

By the blades of my forebears, I will fight.”

The words scantly had left his lips as the blades of the Xerarch, drenched in the full rays of the sun, swiped across his face in rapid succession. One crimson line on his left cheek and another on the right. The dual kiss of steel bit. Akin to a viper's poisonous touch. Where the sensation of ice turned to fire in an instance.

He tried not to show it, but it hurt. his face a mask of cast bronze. But it bled.

“I stand and do bare witness” Hogni said solemnly into the silence after Nemean had finished repeating the Oath.

The words he heard and they sank deep into his being. Far did they cascade down the flows and falls that pooled in a depth known as resolve. The mask of his face moved, turning slowly to his childhood brother. Hogni. The elder of the two, taught by the Xerarch herself. Eyes met and Nemean winked. Waiting of course until Selenia couldn't see that half of his face anymore.

“I stand and do bare witness” Selenia replied to him, though her eyes never left Nemean. “Rise now, Knight of Redhaven. Rise and learn, Rise and fight. Never stop rising, and never ever forget the Xavax blood spilled to bring you to this moment.”

The mask's gaze returned to Selenia. A fat droplet of blood having ran half the course of his face and now dangled precipitously from his chin. ''Wings unfurled, the banner crimson now my standard to rally.'' His face turned towards the ground and beheld it solemnly like he was reading sacred texts. After some time had passed, Nemean rose to his feet. Made a careful bow and left the Xerarch of his childhood and stepped out into the world of his Xerach, an Adult.