Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51569 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Topic Start: June 05, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »

Roleplay from Andross Blint

The Torn Blade

The Duke of Blades leaned against a pillar in the palace of Oligarch, watching as Hogni and Nemean exited from Selenia's chambers. The boys were alight with fire and passion. Pride swelled in their chests as they tried to contain their excitement. The twin cuts on Nemean's cheeks was an indication for what had transpired behind closed doors. Hogni turned at the last moment and waved to Andross, Andross grinned and winked at the boy. He'd always been fond of the young lad, though he hadn't had the chance to interact with him nearly as much as he'd have liked, but such were the tribulations of war. He watched the boys disappear around a corner. Skia, his direwolf, lay at his feet, lounging in the sun that poured through the window.

He caught the scent of horses, leather, oil, and the faintest iron of blood as much as heard the Xerarch approach, he waited a moment, just long enough for the thought that he might not kneel to flicker, before he turned knelt, and said "My Queen." He looked up at Selenia and suppressed a smile as he watched the thoughts flicker across her face. She considered reminding the Duke she was no longer Queen - not since they had both moved their duchies to Eponllyn - but the realization that Andross hadn't made a mistake replaced her first instinct - which was replaced by the final realization that she was dealing with a Blint, and she knew first-hand, and all to well, how stubborn and head-ache inducing Blint's could be. Skia, had likewise, dipped her head to the floor in a show of respect for the Xerarch. Andross rolled his eyes at her and muttered "Show-off." Skia was then, predictably, rewarded with ample head rubs and scratches behind the ear.

Selenia bade Andross rise and they stood together, as friends, not as liege and vassal. A moment passed before Selenia said "You're not as guarded as you think, speak, my Duke of Blades." Her voice commanded authority and something about it made Andross want to want to respond, but her voice wasn't all command, it was gentle and coaxing. He leaned against the pillar again, Skia returning to him and he dropped a hand and rubbed the top of her head.

"He is her son, and I love him for it. I always will. I - I would have - " Andross struggled with the words. It was one of the things he missed the most about Ayden - the lack of a need for words. The two of them were never as in sync, never as in touch with one another, as they were when fighting side-by-side. Selenia waited, patiently for Andross to find the words and the courage to say them. Andross sighed, and said "Everyday he looks less and less like her, and more and more like.. his father." Andross practically spit the final word as if it was comprised entirely of venom. He looked at Selenia, tears brimming in his eyes, and she took his arm, and the two walked together. It was one of the most tender things Andross had ever witnessed her doing.

"Love him for her, not for who his father is. I know you love her, and she loved you, Andross, in her own way, and that boy is going to have one hell of a time as a knight of the Redwing, he'll need your guidance, as much as you can give to him.." Andross's face hardened, he stood a little straighter and a little taller. Selenia smiled - the man she had chosen as her Duke of Blades was back.

He nodded, and said "Thank you." She smiled at him and he bowed his head and started to leave. He turned back to her and said "She hasn't been avenged yet, and they are going to wish they never touched a hair on her head." Selenia nodded to him and said "Good."