Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 50615 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Topic Start: June 05, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »

Roleplay from Mara Aurelius

As the Aurelius Dragons were marching to Meuse, a female rider with worn leather armor rode ahead of the archers to the one that was leading them. Mara could be seen wearing her normal black travel cloak. If someone can see past her scowl and eyepatch, they can see her beauty. Even now only two people really knows what happened to her eye; Mara, and the one that's not here today.

Captain Margarita read Mara the letter as she has done for thousands of letters before.

"Dame Mara," Margarita gritted her teeth. Anyone within a mile could feel the flames burning in her eyes.

" 'That bit about slaying lions, was that a threat at me? Or even the Xerarch?
If it is, know that I stand ready to defend my honor!' "

Margarita couldn't help but chuckle as she read that line.

" 'Wings unfurled,

Sir Nemean JeVondair Renodin
Knight of Oligarch' "

Margarita took a deep breath. Mara shook her head knowing what her loyal subject was feeling but couldn't wait to hear what crazy thoughts were building up. Her loyal subject was only able to speak freely when no one else was around and for good reason. Humor of this nature is not appropriate almost anywhere. Calm and collected, the captain spoke the words that were on her mind.

"My queen, he is only young and probably doesn't know what love is yet. Please take your sword and break it for him. I want to lick the tears from his eyes when the blood spouts from his chest."

Mara had quite the smile on her face and found it hard not to laugh. Margarita's father was a master smith and Mara is convinced that not only did he sell his soul to produce the highest quality weapons, he also sold his daughter to the daimon that gave him his gift. How else could she say something so brutal unashamed?

Margarita smiled. It was not often her queen felt joy and she was glad to give it to her. But disappointment soon took over.

"You're not going to kill him, are you?"

"No."

"Aww. You always say that. It's been too long since you properly killed someone. You do it so elegantly. The best part is when your victims cry and beg you for mercy. Setting the helmsman on fire and burning up the ship was fun but that was almost a year ago. Today most people just get their head chopped off which looks quick and painless. Too boring. But you can't let him get away with it. Soon everyone else will be doing the same."

"The half wit is not worth my time. Write to him if you must."

"And how about a warning to the others?" Margarita insisted.

Mara gave in. The captain would keep pestering her about it if she didn't.

"Fine. Just don't write my--."

"You're honest opinion, I know." Margarita has been writing almost all the letters for her queen over the years. She would have preferred a gruesome killing but at least writing some letters aren't as dull as most.

"My lady." Margarita excused herself and rode off to find a suitable spot to write.

Mara rode on. She wasn't too sure what Margarita would write but trusted her enough to let her go.