Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 52031 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Topic Start: June 05, 2019, 09:22:46 PM »

A carefully bound package arrives. Inside the wrappings of leather you discover a small casket. Not larger than a medium sized hare. Inside you find a neatly folded parchment laying on a bed of straw.

Esteemed Arbiter Godric,

The angry letter from Nemean was send by me and not by the young Lion himself.

I'd like to call him that for his paternal blood is of Lions while his mothers blood is that of the JeVondairs now. Both lions you see. My name is of little import I am sure but I shall offer it nonetheless. It is Berenger de Moustiers. I take on the literary tasks for the young master. Arrange his staff and more such matters but I digress.

When I learned of your interest in the young Master I decided that -that- would be a good thing. As such I've subtly offer praise and kind gesture in whichever way I might've been able. He has much to learn from men such as yourself. Your knowledge of custom, law, history. To name but a few aspects I greatly admire, are invaluable in my estimation.

As I filed away his correspondence with you, a task I loath to hand off to lesser qualified personnel, I noticed how you mentioned the young master's parentage. A touchy subject I assure you. The Xerarch has been teaching him since his mother died and he scant remembers her. Not to mention he knows barely anything intimate about his father. Hasn't ever even seen the man.

Should you wish to offer instruction or otherwise be a positive influence on the young master know that you have a staunch ally in me.

Rest assured that his latest letter to you nor your response are known to the young master.

Sincerely,

Berenger de Moustiers
Major-domo

The text is written in an elegant manner that belies years of practice and confidence. The casket is otherwise entirely unremarkable and nondescript.