BattleMaster > Roleplaying

The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin

(1/36) > >>

Renodin:

Hey there!

In this thread I'll be collecting as best as I can the various Roleplays that are written by, for and involve Nemean JeVondair Renodin. The Son of Asher Renodin and Ayden JeVondair. Grandson of Aldrakar Renodin.

Green eyes, Dark Blond hair, Average height, Athletic build.

Nemean was borne under questionable circumstances. Ayden and Asher had their own long and complex stories. One of its results is this Character. Originally imagined and fleshed out by the player of the JeVondair Family but given onto me to play as a character.

For all those pieces that I will gather here that aren't written by me I express gratitude. Without them Nemean would never be nor become I imagine, the character he is and might be. Please consider them as you read these stories. Only some are mine but most likely most are the stories that other people created and all credit goes to them.

Renodin:

Character description - First rendition
Aged 17

--- Quote ---The Son of Asher, former King of Perdan and Ayden JeVondair, Duchess of Blades.

A blend of the Brunette known as the Sable Jaguar and the Radiant blue eyes of a Monarch. His body has the shape of a well formed athlete. Resplendent with well proportioned muscles, chiseled by countless hours of training and in possession of a fair complexion only mildly touched by the sun.

The crown of hair that inhabits his head is of a warm, dark-blond hue. The orbs that constitute his eyes have taken a shade off of the gemstone known as Emerald.
--- End quote ---

Renodin:

Roleplay from Selenia JeVondair

THE SON OF BLADES

Selenia quietly, calmly folder the Redwing banner, placing it in an oak chest in her quarters in the Palace of Oligarch. The former Xerarch was still covered in the dirt of the road, armor splashed with patterns of mud and darker substances that could only be guessed at. She hadn’t even had time to enjoy one of the cities’ famous baths. There were bandits all the way from old Alara roaming in Commonyr and beyond, within site of Oligarch’s very walls.

The very nearness of the enemy, to say nothing of the loss of her crown and the reasons that had to be so, moved her to action. Strife always moved Selenia to action.

“Summon my sons” She said aloud and to no one in particular. The sudden, frantic pattering of booted feet informed her that she was being obeyed. She waited, staring out the window towards Commonyr wear raiders were no doubt looting tax offices only to find that she’d had them all emptied scant hours before, having foreseen their move. Their audacity irritated her ferociously, and she lost herself in her brooding until a polite knock at the door sounded and her sons entered the Room.

HOGNI OF HOUE JEVONDAIR. NEMEAN OF HOUSE JEVONDAIR. A liveried footman announced as the two young men were ushered into the room. Selenia did her best not to role her eyes. It wasn’t as if everyone in Redhaven didn’t know these two, much less her of all people. Despite years of practice, she failed, prompting a low snicker from one of the boys as the door closed behind their advance.

The offender was her eldest, Hogni, the older and larger of the two. His smile was broad, despite appearing just as tired and dirty as she. It had been a hard ride getting the Fearless to Oligarch so quickly. The entire Sygardian ARMY had appeared in Greatbridge as if to ambush them, but thankfully Selenia had the foresight to scout ahead, allowing them all to circumvent the trap by adding a LOT of miles to the trip. She stuck out her tongue at him, brushing his apologetic hug aside in mock pique as she focused on the youngest member of her family.

Nemean JeVondair, or more properly Nemean JeVondair Renodin, was her son in name only. He was technically her ward, as his mother Ayden had been. In actuality, he would be closer in stature to a grandson of the once-Xerarch, but the magic infusing the Phoenix Queen’s body had kept her appearing as though locked in her thirties. He couldn’t very well go around calling her Grandmother, but Aunt? Aunt Selenia could stomach.

As Hogni protested in a tone that mocked his mother’s mockery of him, she planted a calloused hand in his face and pushed, rocking him back on his heels and deftly avoiding the obvious bite he snapped her way. It was an old dance between the two, and Nemean had taken a period to get used to the fact the Selenia was nothing at all like he’d expected as a boy listening to stories at his mother’s knee. Selenia’s face grew sad as she thought about the Duchess of Blades, the child of war she’d adopted and raised as her own, only to bury her after she fell in battle years before. When Selenia looked at Nemean’s face, she saw the features of both his parents, and she grew sadder still, the burden of loss and re direct responsibility for it weighing heavily upon her.

“Come here, lad.” She ordered. He did so. Like his brother, he was dirty from the road. He wrinkled his nose at her, finally comfortable enough to poke a little fun of his own, and she pushed the heel of her hand on the top of his head in gentle reproach. “Your no bed of roses yourself, you know. Teenage boys are the direct product of the gods below who seek to frought the goodly peoples with your stench alone.” That got a smile from both of them. She allowed hers to grow before it faded again as she considered her next words.

“Ever since you could cry, you’ve been your mother’s child. But ever since you could walk, you’ve been mine.” Selenia said as her voice took on the tone of Edict, the tone of a Queen. “I have cared for you, instructed you in the ways of war craft and state craft alike. You have been my squire through several major battles, victories and defeats both. You have seen what it is I expect of the nobles sworn to me, sworn to Xavax and the ideals, traditions, and aye memories that bind us to this war. You have seen it. You have lived it. And now, my boy, I believe it is time for you to join it.

Nemean’s pupils grew wide and his mouth gaped with understanding as he shot an accusing glance at Hogni, who simply shrugged his own ignorance and smiled as if to say this was none of MY doing. Nemean’s eyes snapped back to Selenia at the hiss of drawing steel. Selenia’s kukris, her weapons of choice winked sunlight at him as she moved to lay one on either shoulder. He knelt.

“I am sorry, my lad. You are young, perhaps too young. But I need you. We need you. And before you ask, no, Hogni is not being knighted today. He must remain close to me, to take up my sword and banner should I fall. His destiny is not yet come. Yours, however, is. So I want you to hear me now, and remember my words well:

“For the blood of my countrymen, I will give of my own and take of our enemies.

By the strength of my hands will greatness be wrought.

For the honor of my family, I will not break faith

By the blades of my forebears, I will fight.”

She spoke. He repeated, and the boy seemed now more man than ever as she used her blades to nick light cuts on either of his cheekbones. Cuts that bled, but would heel well and hardly scar. Selenia had never done this before, not for anyone, and the import thereof was not lossed on either of them.

“I stand and do bare witness” Hogni said solemnly into the silence after Nemean had finished repeating the Oath.

“I stand and do bare witness” Selenia replied to him, though her eyes never left Nemean. “Rise now, Knight of Redhaven. Rise and learn, Rise and fight. Never stop rising, and never ever forget the Xavax blood spilled to bring you to this moment.”

And with that, the newest knight of the combined realm of Eponllyn and Redhaven was made his entry into the greater world.

Renodin:

Two Cuts

--- Quote ---“For the blood of my countrymen, I will give of my own and take of our enemies.

By the strength of my hands will greatness be wrought.

For the honor of my family, I will not break faith

By the blades of my forebears, I will fight.”
--- End quote ---

The words scantly had left his lips as the blades of the Xerarch, drenched in the full rays of the sun, swiped across his face in rapid succession. One crimson line on his left cheek and another on the right. The dual kiss of steel bit. Akin to a viper's poisonous touch. Where the sensation of ice turned to fire in an instance.

He tried not to show it, but it hurt. his face a mask of cast bronze. But it bled.

--- Quote ---“I stand and do bare witness” Hogni said solemnly into the silence after Nemean had finished repeating the Oath.
--- End quote ---

The words he heard and they sank deep into his being. Far did they cascade down the flows and falls that pooled in a depth known as resolve. The mask of his face moved, turning slowly to his childhood brother. Hogni. The elder of the two, taught by the Xerarch herself. Eyes met and Nemean winked. Waiting of course until Selenia couldn't see that half of his face anymore.

--- Quote ---“I stand and do bare witness” Selenia replied to him, though her eyes never left Nemean. “Rise now, Knight of Redhaven. Rise and learn, Rise and fight. Never stop rising, and never ever forget the Xavax blood spilled to bring you to this moment.”
--- End quote ---

The mask's gaze returned to Selenia. A fat droplet of blood having ran half the course of his face and now dangled precipitously from his chin. ''Wings unfurled, the banner crimson now my standard to rally.'' His face turned towards the ground and beheld it solemnly like he was reading sacred texts. After some time had passed, Nemean rose to his feet. Made a careful bow and left the Xerarch of his childhood and stepped out into the world of his Xerach, an Adult.

Renodin:

Roleplay from Andross Blint

The Torn Blade

The Duke of Blades leaned against a pillar in the palace of Oligarch, watching as Hogni and Nemean exited from Selenia's chambers. The boys were alight with fire and passion. Pride swelled in their chests as they tried to contain their excitement. The twin cuts on Nemean's cheeks was an indication for what had transpired behind closed doors. Hogni turned at the last moment and waved to Andross, Andross grinned and winked at the boy. He'd always been fond of the young lad, though he hadn't had the chance to interact with him nearly as much as he'd have liked, but such were the tribulations of war. He watched the boys disappear around a corner. Skia, his direwolf, lay at his feet, lounging in the sun that poured through the window.

He caught the scent of horses, leather, oil, and the faintest iron of blood as much as heard the Xerarch approach, he waited a moment, just long enough for the thought that he might not kneel to flicker, before he turned knelt, and said "My Queen." He looked up at Selenia and suppressed a smile as he watched the thoughts flicker across her face. She considered reminding the Duke she was no longer Queen - not since they had both moved their duchies to Eponllyn - but the realization that Andross hadn't made a mistake replaced her first instinct - which was replaced by the final realization that she was dealing with a Blint, and she knew first-hand, and all to well, how stubborn and head-ache inducing Blint's could be. Skia, had likewise, dipped her head to the floor in a show of respect for the Xerarch. Andross rolled his eyes at her and muttered "Show-off." Skia was then, predictably, rewarded with ample head rubs and scratches behind the ear.

Selenia bade Andross rise and they stood together, as friends, not as liege and vassal. A moment passed before Selenia said "You're not as guarded as you think, speak, my Duke of Blades." Her voice commanded authority and something about it made Andross want to want to respond, but her voice wasn't all command, it was gentle and coaxing. He leaned against the pillar again, Skia returning to him and he dropped a hand and rubbed the top of her head.

"He is her son, and I love him for it. I always will. I - I would have - " Andross struggled with the words. It was one of the things he missed the most about Ayden - the lack of a need for words. The two of them were never as in sync, never as in touch with one another, as they were when fighting side-by-side. Selenia waited, patiently for Andross to find the words and the courage to say them. Andross sighed, and said "Everyday he looks less and less like her, and more and more like.. his father." Andross practically spit the final word as if it was comprised entirely of venom. He looked at Selenia, tears brimming in his eyes, and she took his arm, and the two walked together. It was one of the most tender things Andross had ever witnessed her doing.

"Love him for her, not for who his father is. I know you love her, and she loved you, Andross, in her own way, and that boy is going to have one hell of a time as a knight of the Redwing, he'll need your guidance, as much as you can give to him.." Andross's face hardened, he stood a little straighter and a little taller. Selenia smiled - the man she had chosen as her Duke of Blades was back.

He nodded, and said "Thank you." She smiled at him and he bowed his head and started to leave. He turned back to her and said "She hasn't been avenged yet, and they are going to wish they never touched a hair on her head." Selenia nodded to him and said "Good."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version