Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 50656 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #150: December 30, 2019, 11:14:49 AM »

Roleplay from Kay Peregrine

As the knights started approaching him one by one to swear their vows Kay sheathed his sword to free his hand, his coal black familiar still resting on his left arm.

Ser Salem was the first to kneel. The King nodded slightly, showing his approval of the wording of his vow. Ser Salem did not choose to be a part of Paladins at this point but his oath was sincere and fitting.
As the old tradition went, knights offered their swords to their liege as they swore their oath. In ancient times kings were supposed to accept the blade and then hand it back to the knight as a symbol of trust and empowerment. But that tradition has been since streamlined. In the recent times it was enough for the king to touch the hilt of the offered sword with his hand. And so Kay did.
"I accept your oath, Ser Salem. May you bear your arms proudly in service of Perdan and highest ideals of knighthood. A knight with a heart of gold is more than a knight. In times of darkness and doubt he is a beacon to his comrades and to the smallfolk alike."

Next was Ser Vesceris. Vesceris of Silverblade, a fitting name for a knight. His words were also quite fitting.
"I accept your oath, Ser Vesceris, and bond to be a king's man. Serve the crown and protect the realm of Perdan and its people with your life as your honour now demands it."

The King then touched Lady Delpine's sword, accepting her oath in turn. He seemed to be especially pleased to see this young lady in his new army's ranks.
"Arise, Paladin Delphine. Bear your sword well in the cause to which you have been called. Indeed daughters of the Lion are as fierce and loyal as their brothers. Perhaps even more so."

Kay also had special words for Ser Raphael as he kneeled before him.
"Loyalty and justice are the knight's principal virtues. I accept your oath, Ser Rapahel, and I will hold you to it. Hope is what carries this realm through the darker times and justice is what we must uphold as the defenders of the people."

Finally Nemean kneeled and offered a verbose oath. But the longer the knight talked the more the King's brow furrowed.
Nevertheless he touched the hilt of the knight's sword without hesitation. His hand lingered on the encrusted metal as he took his turn to speak.
"I accept your oath as the King of Perdan. Not as an Imperial dignitary. Empires will crumble and few will shed a tear. I will too perish but your vows will carry on. For they are given before the crown of this realm and by proxy before the entirety of its people.
Arise, Ser Nemean, knight of the realm, Marshal of the Blackmane Paladins. These are your titles. For that is who you are. For that is what you earned. And that is not nothing if you think about it.
Arise and earn the glory you so covet and through this multiply the glory of our ancient realm."

As the vows were concluded the King snatched a brand new banner from a retainer. The banner bore an image of a roaring lion's head with a lush coal black mane. He handed it to one of the knights standing closest to him.
"Defend this banner and further its glory. Make a name for yourselves and for this regiment. Make me proud."

With these words Kay retired to his tent as the men (supposedly) cheered and brass trumpets sounded an uplifting tune.