Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51795 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #150: December 30, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »

Dockside Drinks (N2)

The decor of the place was certainly enjoyable, though somewhat spoiled by the presence of the object of a fair amount of his annoyance at the bar.  Kenneth's honeyed skin showed well against the dark wood of the bar as he decided to forego protocol and sit immediately.  He kept the annoyance out of his voice, though it neutral, rather than warm.

"A fine locale." ~Kenneth MacArbin

Accepting a goblet filled with scarlet liquid offered to him by a barman Nemean took a sip before responding to Kenneth. Feeling the soft tang of the rich red wine he pursed his lips. ''You're in a great mood.'' An arched eyebrow completed the skeptical words as he looked at him. ''I'm glad you came though.'' Offering the palm of his spare hand as a gesture before reaching to squeeze Kenneth's forearm. ''Whatever I did to earn your ire, I'm glad to see you. And that you were able to stay to reinforce the Blackmanes.''

Marshal Renodin and Sir MacArbin were near, but Christopher saw no others as of yet. A nod to both took place and he walked to the long, oak bar and tossed a gold coin upon it. ~Christopher Stewart

Taking his attention away from Kenneth for a moment. Nemean acknowledged Chrisopher's node with a faint smile and inclined his head. He put the goblet down on the bar and turned to face the sun kissed Noble. ''What's bothering you?'' The words came out calmly. The diplomacy was interrupted however as the next guest made his entry. 

He spotted the pair of Perdanese nobles occupying the bar as he walked through the doors and threw his arms up, shouting over the music,

"His Royal Highness, Marshal Nemean of Perdan's Blackmane Paladins! It has a wonderful ring to it doesn't it doesn't it?" He strode over, clapping his hand on Nemean's back in congratulations. "I am ecstatic you were given the position my friend. And Ser Kenneth! A pleasure to see you in something other than last month's plate armor once more," He exaggerated a bow in greeting, "If I recall Nemean's request correctly, you should be enjoying some extended time off here in Perdan City I should imagine. Ale, sea breeze, time to think and breathe without having to pack up camp every single morning."

He glanced around, "And... Isn't Lord Derrik supposed to be arriving as well?" ~Rogos V'Orlan

Unable to pretend modesty Nemean flashed a toothy smile. The comradely backslapping instantly transformed it into a prideful grin that was accompanied by laughter. It died down considerably as Rogos addressed Kenneth. Uncertain of how the response would be he interjected on the subject of Lord Derrik. ''He was invited from the very start, as you know. Though Derrik asked permission to tend to Perdan Mines if memory serves. He might still show up but I can't guarantee it.'' Hoping the little intermezzo was enough to prevent a fiery response from Kenneth he excused himself from further dialogue by taking a generous sip from his wine.