Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51543 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #150: December 30, 2019, 11:28:36 AM »

Roleplay from Kenneth MacArbin

Dockside Drinks

Kenneth grinned and took another drink.

"Aye, this war has gone on long enough, I am sure there will be plenty for me.  Now!  I do have one bone to pick with the good Marshal here related to this evening."

He mock-glared at Nemean.

"Why, in the name of all that is holy, did you make tonight a boy's club?  An inexcusable failing, I must say."

-=-=-=-

Dockside Drinks N4

He mock-glared at Nemean."Why, in the name of all that is holy, did you make tonight a boy's club?  An inexcusable failing, I must say." ~Kenneth MacArbin

Looking over the rim of his goblet Nemean beheld Kenneth. It didn't last very long as he had upend the thing to drain it of its last bit of contents. Still holding the silver thing he rubbed his lips with the back of his hand. ''Women make everything more complicated. Besides, plenty of women here.'' He grabbed the carafe and poured himself another glassful. ''Or do you only go for easy prey, that's presented to you?'' Taking his own and Kenneth's goblet he offered it to the man. A jeweled finger glittering in the torchlight.

The smile he wore was inviting and mischievous. ''Come now, I value you more and this way we can drop our guards. Feel free to prowl however.'' He shared a look with Kenneth as he glanced over to particularly fetching redhead. Leaning in he offered conspiratorially but in no way quiet. ''Christoph, Rogos and I will rate your strategy afterwards. Or not. You could just remain and drink with us.'' He leaned back again and grinned mildly.

-=-=-=-

Roleplay from Kenneth MacArbin

Dockside Drinks

Kenneth looked back at Nemean in open astonishment.

"More complicated?  Easy prey?  Is that how you view our fellow knights?  Not to mention Council members?"

Kenneth pointedly ignored the goblet, watching closely to see if the dig about Alyssa struck home.

"Are you an outright fool, or have you merely been partaking in diversions stronger than wine before we began this event?  And if I wish to prowl, I will do so for my own benefit, not your entertainment."

-=-=-=-

Dockside Drinks N5

Kenneth looked back at Nemean in open astonishment.

"More complicated?  Easy prey?  Is that how you view our fellow knights?  Not to mention Council members?" Kenneth pointedly ignored the goblet, watching closely to see if the dig about Alyssa struck home. "Are you an outright fool, or have you merely been partaking in diversions stronger than wine before we began this event?  And if I wish to prowl, I will do so for my own benefit, not your entertainment." ~Kenneth MacArbin

The goblet hovered between the two. Nemean considered the words and felt no small amount of surprise ebb as it made room for angled sorrow, neatly joined with a chunk of loss. He wanted to feel some sort of anger and tried to muster it but it was like trying to ignite a candle under water. Alyssa was no prey and he was no hunter. Silver shimmered as it slowly traveled through the air. Descending as Nemean lowered the goblet. His visage hid little for he wasn't good at these emotions. The otherwise fine and angular features of his face took on a darker hue as he looked down. The crest of his brow like a lip he just looked out from under. Admonishment embodied sat right there in the form of Kenneth. Why did he have to bring up Alyssa. Nemean sighed and put Kenneth's goblet on the bar.

Trying to think on his response wasn't helped by the influence of wine. He touched his nose in distraction and softly pinched it. ''If you must go there.'' He said softly to no one in particular. His lungs filled as he inhaled deeply before turning to Kenneth. ''I've only had eyes for her and no other.'' he surprised himself with how balanced his tone was. Not quite resigned but with certain hints of long contemplation. He could see a fleeting image of her face in his mind's eye. ''Are you not a man that favors chasing women?'' His eyebrows arched in something akin to sympathy while his voice sounded genuine with question. ''From what I heard, Kenneth, the women you like have red hair.'' He looked at him directly before making a small shrug. ''I thought you would welcome the suggestion I made. Fair mistake if I was wrong.''

''I've not chased women. Not like you if I am to believe the stories.'' Nemean licked the inside of his cheek. ''I see them but they don't have what she has.'' He righted himself on his seat, gesturing with his goblet. ''I don't get it either, that's why I said women are complicated. If I had invite Alyssa and another particular redhead, this evening would not be the same. You and I wouldn't be.'' For some reason that sounded quite final in Nemean's head. He went with it. Chalk it up to the wine. He nodded before glancing at Kenneth. ''Now, do we have to take this outside or will you opt for that goblet of wine finally or will you permit us some of your vast wisdom in the arts of women.'' He indicated Christopher and Rogos with his chin. ''I'm sure we'd all be grateful and remember, it was in good mirth.''

Not being fully convinced himself Nemean planted his feet squarely on the ground and sluggishly placed his own vessel of wine on the bar.