Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51546 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #150: January 22, 2021, 02:25:31 PM »
I had Nemean paused for a while and this was the Rp I wrote upon his return. Hope you enjoy it.

The Ship so Often left Behind

When last he walked these lands, his feet could not have touched the soil. Looking out over the vast expanse of land north of where he stood, he laughed out a puff of air. Only a trailing river remained of the great ocean his mind's eye told him had existed there before. The great city of Perdan was noisy. Even at day's end it didn't quiet. Did it have to intrude on his thoughts though? He eyed the great walls that stood a ways away to his left. ''Even with such high walls you can't keep the ruckus to yourself eh?'' The city walls did not reply.

What had happened he wondered. How could ocean give way to land? It had been years since he had left but mountains don't crumble in years, they take eons. The tales of old recall their peaks and we can yet see them today. A frown found its way onto his face and wrangled his brows into a curve. Maybe he had been gone a long time. The glimmer of the fading sun made pure gold of the winding river. ''You grew Bescanon River. And here I am thinking I was the one that had grown.'' A hand found its way to the crown of his head and ran fingers through the dark golden strands. The comparison made him smile. Something to strive for. To grow as much as the river had. And apparently it had already given life. A whole new town had sprung up. They had sailed past it on the way to Perdan. Hetland, if he recalled the first mate's comments well enough. A strange name but then again, apparently these were strange times.

The old tree that had given him shelter groaned. An old pine with strong limbs. But it knew when to bend with the wind and had informed Nemean that he would be wise to do the same. He glanced up at the swaying branches. ''I'll keep that in mind wise one.'' The smirk could not be suppressed. Time and travel had yet to wear down that particular youthful aspect of him. A bold confidence had found a companion though and was now accompanied with a calm reassurance as he turned deftly and strode towards the great city. His attire had remained martial. Travel leathers matched with select pieces of armor. His hair was longer now as well. It flowed over his shoulders and shimmered the color of rich men's coins in the fading light.

His mind was set. The task at hand clear by the findings of his family. As if by chance he noticed a shrine of the Silver Lady as he passed through the city gates. Leandra. He inclined his head as he passed by, while placing a hand over his heart.  The city felt distant. His emerald eyes saw it all before but it had changed. The banner that hung from the gatehouse was not the one he had expected. The Royal banner that so fiercely showed a winged hind in raven black. There was no verdant split in three quarters to border a fourth white one on the top. His eyes beheld a stark bird of prey. Regal in its poise but with wings firmly against its body. The Alabaster Aquila perched on a field of black and ocean blue. He knew that bird. It once loved the Winged hind. Nemean resolved not to speak or comment on it. More had changed than the land it seemed.

Tugging his cape closer over his form he pressed on. It may not have been a campaign but he felt a need to reach his goal. Thinking on love made flutter a tiny bird that had nestled a very long time ago. Deep within his chest. Or would that raven have flown as well? Like a bursting spring did the feelings spread throughout of him. Catching him by surprise but not unawares. It was a thing that time had never managed to erode. Maybe she was still alive. A very real question that hearkens back to another war.

Traversing the city awakened a slew of memories. The sight of the Palace, while in the distance, conjured faces to his mind's eye. He could not but smile and miss them. Soon he promised himself. He nearly bumped into an old lady carrying a bundle of sticks as he turned a corner. Catching her shoulders he prevented her from falling backwards as she abruptly halted. The sticks wanting to make her topple backwards but were foiled. The youth of before had made ample room for the man he was now. Her weight was nothing to his arms and his hands had enough finesse to be truly gentle. He felt the bone that hid under her tattered clothing. Poverty. While his clothing alone would've marked him wealthy and a Noble, that didn't matter now. He helped her balance the bundle of firewood and offered her smiles and measured words. Calming, making sure she didn't worry about the encounter. Then a thought came to mind. The sticks looked heavy.

"Take this, I'll buy the bundle.'' From his pouch he produced a solid gold coin. The woman gasped, taken aback. Thinking treachery at first but Nemean simply waited before he spoke again. ''I am in dire need to have the hearth's restocked at the temple.'' He gestured just down the street towards the temple of Leandra. ''You'd do the Silver Lady a great service. And me.'' The woman wasn't convinced, something in his green eyes. Perhaps she had been betrayed in her past he wondered. Reaching out he took her hand and placed the golden coin in it. ''It is yours, I realize the price isn't equal to the produce. That is fine though, you are in need and I am not. Though I could really use the sticks.'' Slowly he allowed a smile to grace his lips as he bend down to pick up the bundle of sticks. ''May she watch over you.'' The parting words accompanied by a light touch on the woman's shoulder as he passed her by.

So Nemean arrived at the temple of Leandra in Perdan City. Years had past but some things hadn't changed.