Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 52125 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #15: June 05, 2019, 09:32:04 PM »

The Young Fox and the Grey Wolf

He put on an unenthusiastic grin after they finished their mutual greeting, and held the eye contact as he spoke a single sentence:

"So you are the hound lad, mhm?"

He kept staring right at Nemean, midly amused at the situation and moderately interested in his reaction.
~Guldor D'Espana

Being the focal point of attention wasn't a new thing. During his training by the Xerarch there had been plenty of eyes on him. From tutors, from servants and all manner of people that frequented the Selenia. Yet, this felt different. There was no easy atmosphere in which he could withdraw. Guidelines didn't exist out here where the enemy could strike at any moment. This old man, nearing a century old looked at him and there was no set etiquette he could defer to. He was compelled to answer and to maintain eye contact.

''Hound..'' Nemean blinked. ''Yes, I.. I am.'' The urge to look down was strong and his head inched in that direction as his eyes remained fixed. ''It was foolish of me to call you that. It escaped my mouth without considering who you were.''A rogue squirrel darted among the provisions that lay next to one of the tents. ''But I wasn't all foolish there, I also asked for stories of old. You have seen all that has happened to Xavax and I would hear it from someone who's actually been there rather than read about it. Letters don't hold the same power as spoken words I feel.'' He allowed his eyes to look away.

''She's on her way you know.'' The youth looked at elder. ''Selenia has send Hogni on ahead and she follows in his wake.'' He searched the wrinkled face for reaction.