Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51513 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #15: June 05, 2019, 09:38:04 PM »

Roleplay from Mara Aurelius

Margarita and the dragons had been back to camp for a while now after the destruction of the Aix fortifications. New orders were to loot and destroy food, something Mara is uninterested in. Other troops can do that and even find joy in it. The Aurelius Dragons are a resource to be used for something more. The troops wait patiently for orders worth following and kept the peasant resistance in check, all except for one.

"I'm bored. Killing peasants is too easy." Margarita was lazing around in her queen's tent. Unique was one of many words to describe her. As some already knows, her intellect is above average but her mind had a sinister edge to it. Mara gets few visitors not because she is unlikable but in most cases must speak to Margarita first. It isn't uncommon that commoners and lesser nobles alike will get their fingers crushed, stabbed in the palm or foot, or hair set on fire just because Margarita didn't like the smell of them or the way they looked. Most notable nobles don't have to worry about such things but know enough to be wary.

She had already cleaned and maintained Mara's equipment, something she's done countless times. Even she still isn't tired of her father's hard work put into the weapons. All of which were similar in design, a gold dragon at the handle and hilt breathing the fire that was etched across the length of the blade, but each a tool for different circumstance. It was her duty to keep track of all her queens weapons on the battlefield. Ever since Mara's first battle against Perdan in her second war, the routine was the same should her queen be bothered enough to fight in the fray.

Mara kept her throwing daggers concealed under her cloak or strapped to the front of her leather armor. Twin blades rested crossed on her back used in close quarters. Finally, a crescent blade for mounted combat which Margarita carries until Mara calls for it. Margarita also carries her queen's short bow which isn't anything too special. The only weapon that she could call her own was a finely crafted long sword. The only thing her father gave her besides life. It was nice but wasn't elaborate. She doesn't need any other weapons because she is free to use Mara's weapons at her discretion and is proficient enough to wield them. She excels at protecting her queen's weapons in battle should they get misplaced. It became an obsession that she must feed the dragon with the blood of her queen's enemies when they are in her hands. Aren't dragons always thirsty for blood?

"A letter came in. Read it to me." Mara spoke of the letter from the young knight Nemean JeVondair Renodin.

Margarita read the letter aloud and gave a sigh of disappointment at the end.

Mara spoke.

"I know what you are thinking. He didn't give me a reason to kill him."

"Can't you kill him anyway?"

"No."

"Aww. I'm so bored. When will something exciting happen?" Margarita was now whining annoyingly.

"Maybe soon. I haven't made up my mind yet."

Margarita's interest peaked.

"Oooh, a secret! Pray tell please!"

Mara could tell Margarita anything. Being sworn to keep all private discussions confidential is quite unnecessary, she doesn't have any friends even among the troops. After the incident where she seduced a soldier and decided to scalp him while in the act, people go out of their way to avoid her as much as possible. That, and she's a pathological liar to practically everyone. Mara proceeded to explain to her what was on her mind.