Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 50738 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #165: January 22, 2021, 02:42:46 PM »

The Ducal Palace in Perdan City 2

A moment of hesitation takes the younger girl, as if she cannot decide whether to greet him or yell at him. Aila stands slowly from her massive seat and looks at Prince Nemean up and down, as if deciding if he were real or not. It becomes obvious what she has learned about nobility over the years and from who, as she rounds her desk and begins pouring two petite crystal cups with distinctly coloured plum brandy.

Finally she says something to him, with the tiny drink held out for him to take “It is what he would have offered you. Welcome home.” She still speaks in a perfectly Perdanese accent, nothing there has changed “Where have you been? If you have brought me a good story I can give you ten in exchange. Sit with me. ” ~Aila Storme

His spine obeyed only a single master. The regal teachings from home. And with that raised chin he looked through mildly slanted eyes before allowing his head to descend with a nod. His hand accepting the crystal cup while his verdant eyes never left those of her, for as long as she offered a bridge for them to cross. The crystal drink cradled like a treasured gem, studded in the pommel of a sword of war. Her words sang from her lips. The first sting she would deliver in their exchange struck. In defense Nemean lowered his head to the raised crystal of his glass and smelled its content. Filling his lungs with that very brandy which Smiddich loved. The memories it stirred not allowed purchase, for the moment.

The neutral tone she employed as flawless as the first time she broke words with him during the lists. He doubted she still thought much of jousting. As he glanced back at her, he was sure she didn't. The hearth attest as much. She preferred the thick of melee. Little time was spared however to either take a sip or to prepare a fresh defense. Her second blow had already been stuck. It sang through the air between them. ''Where have you been?'' As neutral as a rock falling from a cliff. It still crushed. She softened the apparent boulder though, asking for niceties. It conjured a rueful smile upon his lips.

''I have brought you no stories Aila.'' The smell of the brandy was enough for him. He placed glass on the mighty oaken desk and left it there. ''Why have you asked me to visit you here?'' With a thumb and leaning palm he gestured about the private study. ''Surely you could've met me in the audience hall. But you didn't.'' The accusation was accompanied with a deft step into the petite woman's direction. ''You care not for my stories. They are immaterial.'' he adjusted his gaze. Eyes fixed on the Duchess. Emeraldine and hard. A hand of his slid across the top of one of the armchairs. ''What was not for parchment to know that you would have  me attend to you in person?'' His brief march came to an abrupt end as did his words. Far enough still for her to maneuver but his charge was clear. If only his boots had been shot with ferrum then the floor would've rang with iron.

--

Roleplay from the player of Aila Storme

The Ducal Palace in Perdan City

One by one each of her masterful offers are rejected and they continue standing, looking at each other as the Prince did his posturing and questioning. Unlike him, she was not in the mood to uphold airs of mystery and secrets from years he had been absent. He knew nothing of her now, and nothing of him, yet the words still sound sincere from her lips as she looked upon the golden Prince of Perdan “ He wouldn’t like to know I sent you to some - stuffy audience room”.

Her tone brightens with a strained laugh at her own mention of the previous king and her eyes are gauging him for a response, but she continues on “ There are things that we can only discuss in person, things neither of us can afford to go elsewhere”  his drink is set aside, hers is gone in one swallow. Long gone was the girl who winced and shook her head at hard liquor, it may as well have been water now.

“Things like where you have been, things like; That I am glad you are back...and why.” The crystal rings against the stone top of an ornate table beside them as Aila sets it down empty. “Things like; That I wanted to see you in the flesh, that I couldn’t believe that you came back, and that I hope you are staying a very long time." She continues on with a spark of that fury that always seemed buried somewhere inside her ready to ignite "That I am jealous, and that I am angry on behalf of the ones you left behind.”

One by one she lays things out for him, trying step by step to prove that she was not trying to ensnare him in any game. “and that the Perdan you left...Died with Smiddich.”