Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 50757 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #165: January 22, 2021, 02:44:27 PM »

The Ducal Palace in Perdan City 3

“Things like where you have been, things like; That I am glad you are back...and why.” The crystal rings against the stone top of an ornate table beside them as Aila sets it down empty. “Things like; That I wanted to see you in the flesh, that I couldn’t believe that you came back, and that I hope you are staying a very long time." She continues on with a spark of that fury that always seemed buried somewhere inside her ready to ignite "That I am jealous, and that I am angry on behalf of the ones you left behind.”

One by one she lays things out for him, trying step by step to prove that she was not trying to ensnare him in any game. “and that the Perdan you left...Died with Smiddich.” ~Aila Storme

The fragile laugh that preceded her words left him cold. The bravado of gulping down the brandy, jaded as a gesture could be, likewise left him unmoved. Her words streamed from her. No longer hindered by blushing cheeks or stammering voice. He cocked his head as he realized she was facing him squarely. This had taken him a little by surprise. His brow furrowed in defense. She wants to see me? His fingers gripped the last remaining vestige of the armchair before it too was left behind. The hand went to accompany the other as they joined together in laced fingers and rested on his lower stomach.

The blow she delivered with her confidence was keenly felt. He could no longer regard her the young girl she was before, as she had been in his mind till this very moment. ''I hope you are staying a very long time.'' Her words. This he could find no defense for. A true crease marked his forehead as he all but imperceptibly squinted with his eyes. Unable to escape it and being forced to feel that singular string being pulled. It felt good. Warm and comfortable. Reassuring. But she wasn't done. Her next utterance filled a field with caltrops made of words.

Inhaling slowly, Nemean permitted himself a moment to drink in her meaning. If truly there was but one, hiding between her sentences. He doubted it. "Perdan yet lives Aila." He swallowed, wishing he had said the words more forcefully. ".. and you stand in his very study. Pouring his drink." His hands released one another as one was bidden to extend a casual finger towards the oaken desk. "Even the symbolism isn't lost on me. He and I fought and dashed over such with blades drawn. Or had you forgotten?'' His chin heralded the tilting of his face as he regarded her in her splendor that was her dress.

"Would you truly have me believe you feel sparks of jealousy over me?'' He couldn't resist the smirk that mockingly formed upon his lips. Nor did he want to. "This dance you've rehearsed clearly won't do. What do you know of those I left behind? How they feel and what has been said and transpired since I've returned?'' His weight shifted to his backleg, he was staring down at her. "You wrote yourself that you could barely contain yourself in not writing to me first. Yet you also failed to write others I glean from that.'' He shook his head from left to right and back again.

"You are still alone, I can see your hand.'' Nemean inclined his head forwards, making ripples in his forehead. "You might've learned from Smiddich by now. But it seems you haven't.'' He looked around the room as the words continued to flow. ''And neither will I be a convenient replacement. You are still as you were before. Lost on the road, getting your pretty shoes dirty.'' He exhaled long and hard. Sadness made a brief appearance as he looked at her. ''You just have more shoes now than you had then.'' He made a noise with his mouth. ''If that was all you wanted to see me for, I'll take my leave again.'' Almost as an afterthought he added. ''..in future, don't worry about committing the like to parchment.''

So he awaited her response. His eyes somewhat slanted in obvious disinterest, bordering on weariness.

--

Roleplay from the player of Aila Storme

The Ducal Palace in Perdan City

Obstinate as always her gut roared at her to let the arrogant man go on his way and wait again for him to write to her, ignoring him till then. He was dismissing her and she hated that, and it burned in her eyes as she continued to glare up at him with the furious look that overtakes her whether she likes it or not. “Delphine. Wrote. Me.”

Now she even hears how agitated she is and finally flinched under his heavy gaze, glancing away to the sideboard where the brandy bottle stood staring her down.  "She thinks I am the only one who can understand what she hides from everyone else, and that I share the same feelings. ”

Her eyes dart to the deeply scarred mantle, she remembers sharps of glass raining down over the room “I am not jealous -of you- I’m jealous of her. I would give anything to have that man back here. So I could ask him for a story too, and then beat the absolute living tar out of him for leaving me here alone.”

She scoffs, her eyes are back on him, though with their fury there are tears threatening to appear in her eyes- stubbornly held back by a strong will “I do not really care what you think of me, or my many shoes, I am just glad you are here to be the balance to Alyssa again.”

Behind her arm crossed, stubborn, stern stance there is more to tell him, but her trust is shaken and she cannot will it out.  The young Duchess gives up the standoff and turns her back on him to approach the desk, and gathers a few papers in her hands as she informs him “I’ve said all I can say to you. You may go whenever you like.”