Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 50609 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #165: January 22, 2021, 02:46:06 PM »

The Ducal Palace in Perdan City 4

She scoffs, her eyes are back on him, though with their fury there are tears threatening to appear in her eyes- stubbornly held back by a strong will “I do not really care what you think of me, or my many shoes, I am just glad you are here to be the balance to Alyssa again.”

Behind her arm crossed, stubborn, stern stance there is more to tell him, but her trust is shaken and she cannot will it out.  The young Duchess gives up the standoff and turns her back on him to approach the desk, and gathers a few papers in her hands as she informs him “I’ve said all I can say to you. You may go whenever you like.” ~Aila Storme

That had been her finish, but it wasn't what he felt first. If fire had leaned to leap in all the eons it had been around. It would've set him ablaze. The look she gave him. A hard swallow the least of his reactions. A tiny, mischievous voice in his head whispering that there'll soon be more marks of on that mantle piece. Unbidden he glanced at it. Aila's words lurched his attention back. His eyes widened to expose the green of his irises fully. She had used her name. His lips moved, almost parted. But the words that followed her own had sewn them shut again. "She thinks I am the only one who can understand what she hides from everyone else..'' Lanced, and almost unhorsed. He lowered his head to regard the floor. "..and that I share the same feelings. ” A breath came and was held. His head raised once more. A marred line of indecision snaking across his face.

Like autumnal winds, she turned away from him. Torn like beautiful leafs from a gentle tree. He hadn't the time to consider their beauty fully and now, he couldn't anymore. His hand opened and a finger or two extended towards her, the arm never having risen an inch. Her breath broken. Like the wracking of that season. He took a breath of his own and then another one. Brandy wasn't the only scent that lingered in the room.

She had spoken before she turned but it hardly registered. That was a lie. Her kindness he didn't want to accept, so he tried to ignore it. But now she gave him leave to depart. Now, when he didn't want to anymore. ''Can say?'' His tone strangely level. Tinged with the faintest hint of curiosity. Like that last of green that lingers, and refuses to give in to fall.

Not waiting for a response his eyes had informed him of her pretense business. The pale back of her hand shown as it grasped a number of papers. In but two audacious strides he all but flanked her entirely, letting his chest touch her shoulder as he reached down. The papers pinned together, with her hand under his, firmly on the desk. The sound was warm, like a hearth. Kindly lit to banish all of the cold. ''What else..?''

--

Roleplay from the player of Aila Storme

The Ducal Palace in Perdan City

The words she had granted him earlier were dismissed, Perdan still lives, Aila he had said omitting her title, already she had come to regret letting that pass between them without a rebuke. As she gathers missives laden with worries he has proven she cannot share with him his daring finds a further bound to cross.

There was a time in their past together that she had admired the ease with which he reached out to people, had thought of it as brave to reach out to her even as a knight, and wondered what else a man of such nerve could do. His touch now is a painful reminder of just how much time had passed since those days, and his earlier dismissal is no longer forgivable. The firm grip on her slender wrist does not feel gentle, the idea of a man of Perdan never harming her was long gone before he ever arrived that day.

Aila makes no attempt to struggle free, knowing there is no use “Sir Nemean” She is used to speaking over crowds, filling the room with the sound of his own name is no challenge for her. “I addressed you as a prince out of respect for what once was. With your actions and your words here you disrespect the stations we both hold; I am the Duchess of Perdan and your better, you will address me as such and you will remove yourself from my person at once. . . or be removed.”