Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 52049 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #165: May 08, 2022, 10:04:01 PM »
Here following you'll read about a meeting between Pasquale Ruler of Caligus, Lorelai Ruler of Eponllyn and Nemean as they meet to negotiate a diplomatic treaty.

Roleplay from Pasquale Contéfigardo

Pasquale ran his hands absentmindedly over the fabric of his toga. It was a antiquated style of dressing, usually reserved for ceremonial functions, mostly military or religious in nature. He had felt that negotiating on and signing an important series of documents, treaties, and agreements like this was worthy of its use.

The toga was a flowing array of burgundy, blood red, lighter red, and pink. The fringe of the toga was embroidered in golden yellow fabric trim. Underneath the brightly variegated toga was a comparatively plain white tunic, very well made but free from an embellishment or pomp. He wore comfortable and well broken in thick leather sandals, perfect for the current late summer heat. At his neck hung two silver chains necklaces, one ending in a medium-sized blue topaz, and the other a silver locket.

He had arrived to the chambers intended for the meeting early, after eschewing a large breakfast in favor of a small and simple one. Instead of disturbing the servants as they prepared the room, he walked about the castle, not straying far but exploring casually, always keeping a mental map of where he had been, forming a layout. He liked maps and cartography, and sometimes imagined them inside his head.

After his meandering explorations began to bore him, he took the return path towards the entrance to the chambers. As he rounded the corner, he saw Hoplite Nemean JeVondair Renodin preparing to enter. This recently arrived nobleman was quite an intelligent and well-spoken fellow, and the Patriarch had taken a liking to him. The diplomat with the dirty-blond hair was perhaps a decade and a half older than the dark brown haired ruler.

Raising his arm in greeting, Pasquale hailed the man, “Hoplite Nemean, good morning! I hope you are ready for a lengthy of discussion. Let us head inside. I arrived too early, and took a stroll about the place to pass some time. Normally I am more “fashionably late” but was more energized than usual this morn.”

-=-=-=-

ENTENTE IN OLIGARCH - N1

After his meandering explorations began to bore him, he took the return path towards the entrance to the chambers. As he rounded the corner, he saw Hoplite Nemean JeVondair Renodin preparing to enter. This recently arrived nobleman was quite an intelligent and well-spoken fellow, and the Patriarch had taken a liking to him. The diplomat with the dirty-blond hair was perhaps a decade and a half older than the dark brown haired ruler.

Raising his arm in greeting, Pasquale hailed the man, “Hoplite Nemean, good morning! I hope you are ready for a lengthy of discussion. Let us head inside. I arrived too early, and took a stroll about the place to pass some time. Normally I am more “fashionably late” but was more energized than usual this morn.” ~Pasquale

Woken by birdsong he had spend the morn in quiet observation. Old habits died hard and one of them he never regretted being instilled as a young boy was rising early from his bed. Before most of the servants began their scurrying he had already begun a simple routine of swordplay. It just felt good. To loosen muscles and to feel the warmth course through his veins. That was a while ago now already. As was breakfast and bathing. Though what stayed with him during all those activities was the letter Lorelai had send.

Approaching the meeting hall Nemean checked himself. As much physically by coming to a halt while mostly making sure his attire was proper.  A sable doublet and breeches embroidered with a floral pattern in gold thread. It somehow yet managed to be abatable in its gaudiness. It was all tied together with an expertly made, dueling half cape draped over a single shoulder. Accentuating perhaps the sword and dagger that hung from his belt. A final touch was to tuck his gloves into said belt when the Patriarch of Caligus hailed him.

The younger man took care of himself. Health wise and his appearance. The smallest of inclinations made in recognition was what Nemean offered Pasquale.''I am yet to find comfort in the newly bestowed title, Hoplite. Though I certainly seem unfit for its use with these clothes.'' A smile brought warmth to the statement as he gestured to the crimson layers of the other man's toga. The moment left long enough to make little spectacle, one that saw Nemean's emerald eyes twinkle for a whole second. ''Should you desire to place feet upon surer ground when in the presence of Lorelai, you might do well to refer to me in terms she inclines to agree with.'' Words were offered calmly while the head tilted modestly. Though his eyes shared none of it.

''Shall we?'' He glanced at the meeting hall. ''Also,'' His eyes returned to Pasquale. ''..you prefer to be late?'' Another smile. This one bigger than the last one. ''We should train together sometime, it will quicken you very swiftly, I assure you. How much have you interacted with the Queen, our cousin? Do you know her well and are these stipulations set in stone? I mean those of the treaty between Eponlly and Caligus.'' Letting the words hang between them it seemed a thought intruded his mind. It led to his eyes wandering into the hall again. Swift to follow was a petit frown.

Thus Nemean awaited Pasquale's response. Moreso perhaps, he allowed time for the King to regain the initiative and be the first one to lead both of them into the meeting hall.

-=-=-=-

Roleplay from Lorelai Chamberlain

Oligarch

At tines she forgot how large Ellimere was, she ended up jogging from her offices to the greeting hall, stammering to a halt at one of the large mirrors that had been brought here from Castle Nylucia. Smoothing and tucking the recalcitrant curls, she ran her hands over the simple pale blue gown before resuming her journey to the hall.

She brought no heralds, the gentle sounds of moving armour as guards straightened the only announcement she felt she needed. All credit to the Patriarch, he showed no sign of irritation at her tardy arrival.

Windows were open and even so far within the city, the elevation of the keep allowed a fresh breeze and birdsong to filter through the dense stone. Breathing deeply she smiled warmly, approaching the Patriarch in his odd attire - she assumed it must be some summer fashion of Caligus - it looked more like nightwear, but she remained unperturbed.  She leaned inward kissing each of his cheeks, "Welcome to Oligarch, Pasquale, I hope you will forgive my tardiness... even a Queen must accede when her children are demanding."

She turned to Nemean, fixing him with an appraising gaze; with seemingly little effort he always seemed to manage to be at the forefront of any crowd. Age had done little to diminish his charms, though how he had come to be in Caligus was perhaps a tale she needed to hear.  She arched a brow. "Prince Nemean - don't even think of bowing to me - shared blood forfends such formalities." She drew him into an embrace, pleased of his presence, even if it was at the elbow of her counterpart.

Turning her attention back to the Patriach she narrowed her eyes. "I had assumed this was fairly simple, though the presence of your - hotplite? did you say? - I'm not entirely sure what a Hoplite is - though where my brother enters a conversation,  one cam be sure the outcome is not going to be entirely what you expected."

She inclined her head to one of the retainers, who quickly disappeared behind a tapestry depicting the Lady of the Woods.  "If you would be good enough to come with me, I am hopeful Ambassador Nabarl will be joining us soon."