Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 50764 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #75: July 23, 2019, 05:05:49 PM »

Here's the response. Not sure what will happen but I realize this could go horribly wrong. Perhaps playful, perhaps down creep lane.

The Braided Crown

She frowned when their eyes met and threw her helm to the ground in frustration. She turned to one of her men who was standing around looking confused. "Go find Jan and Cal Reed.". The man wandered off as Sir Nemean trotted beside her on his horse.

"What is there to smile about Sir?" She asked him, her brow furrowed. "500 men are dead. Stirred up by your realm's plundering. And here you are grinning like a fool." ~Alyssa Kingsley

Like the rider, the dark coated steed sniffed the air curiously. His great black eyes observing the young woman beside him. Before he responded to her Nemean made a bit of a show of looking at her helmet which now sat among the blades of grass. ''You don't really lighten up do you?'' He allowed the tiniest of pauses before continuing. ''It's not my choice and they are Lawless. Nor do I relish death or the dealing of it.'' The words hung in the air as his demeanor remained serious.

Being in such close proximity and having a superb view of her golden, braided crown his eyes wandered and his smile returned. A bastard of a smile, a rogue in the night that slid from alley to alley. A grin it was indeed. ''Who's that?'' He asked her as he looked beyond her. Hoping she would fall for the bait. Irrespective of her personal space a gloved hand reached out to her. Mischief was too soft to describe it but neither was it compulsion. He simply wanted to grab one of those braids. Tease her perhaps. The thoughts and reasons appeared and went again. He just acted. Trying to touch her head.

''I smiled because I did and I've told you why. Can't really help it.'' The words came out playful and he shrugged. ''However if you persist in being so serious..'' He gently bit down on his lip. ''It just looks ridiculously funny.'' A snort already escaping his strained and feeble reserve.