Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51460 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #75: August 14, 2019, 07:07:06 PM »
A little RP I did to illustrate a potentially important bit of news that reached Nemean. Time will tell and I'm sure that if all works out well, you'll get to read about it here sometime in the future. For now though, enjoy the intermezzo.

History in the Making

Sat upon a small bluff overlooking the army that sat camped in Bescanon, Nemean enjoyed the riverside breeze that gently tugged dark golden hair. His hands busy working a small piece of wood with a knife. A crude creation that was supposed to look like a horse but its legs were stumpy. Some way too thin while others were far to thick. Not to mention the actual head. An absolute abomination.

Hearing rather than seeing, Nemean noticed a messenger come up. ''Sir, a message from the Phoenix Queen.'' While such news would perhaps cause others to stir with hesitation and respect, it was family business for the young noble. ''You could just call it a message from Selenia you know.'' Nemean looked up at the messenger. ''She's the Phoenix Queen though.'' The cautious reply came. ''And I am a Prince but you call me Sir, not that I mind.''

Not wanting to delve deeper into the matter the messenger handed Nemean the letter and saluted before promptly departing. Opening the letter was accompanied by a gust of wind that blew counter to the all the rest. Causing tendrils of hair, the color of a late day sun to spill all over his face. Nothing his hand couldn't remedy. As his eyes roamed over the rather brief message he felt his pulse quicken.

''History is in the making.'' He read softly to himself. A fierce smile riding across his face like a conquering horde. He put the letter away after reading it again and resumed working on the wooden horse. But before setting his knife to work, he changed his mind and hurled it away. ''Not good enough.'' Fighting words and he felt like it. Standing up he called out to Jacinta, his captain. ''Sparring match, ready yourself!''

So the young Noble awaited the fate that was now coming to him. Exhanging blows with a far more experienced fighter than himself. A curious if fitting comparison to his life.