Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51568 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #75: September 21, 2019, 06:51:38 PM »

Following this post I'll have for you several letters. While they don't count as the traditional RP's there can be RP in them. The lore we create does not only reside in our piece bits of writing but also in the correspondence we have with other players. At least, I like to think so.

So what exactly are these letters about? They are Nemean and his letters to and with the Realm of Greater Eponllyn. Selenia JeVondair, Phoenix Queen stepped down from the Throne and elections are upon us. Young Nemean tried to step up to the plate and did his best to convey his thoughts, feelings and first steps into real politics. In a way.

Hope you enjoy it.

Fellow Nobles of the Realm, Lord Lint, Sir Daeron,

Words carried with favor must always be appreciated.

The Lord of Troyes, of House Son offered them to me during his exchange with the King of Perdan, Kay. He spoke no untruth either, the Blood of Jevondair is the better of my heritages. She who is now gone from the Phoenix Throne. A subject that our Realm needs to speak about and speak plainly at that.

Knight Daeron, likewise of Troyes, broaches the subject and keenly levels the question at me. Selenia, she took me as her own. Hogni and I grew up together. Family. Among her last acts she returned the Duchy of Blades to his Grace, Duke Andross of House Blint. Her own seat, the Great City of Oligarch she bestowed onto the former Arbiter, Lord Godric Tórrarin of House ka Habb. Pillars of our history. Living memories.

When I look at Eponllyn, there is little to look at. Its institutions are outdated and the wisdom contained within with scant merit. Look for yourself for example at the Ruler bulletin. You'd sooner believe the realm still hugs the great Lake in the south rather than stand with its nose pressed against the Evorian mountains of the midlands. It isn't only that, a poor blending of cultures. It has been ignored since I and the Xavax from Redhaven joined with the handful of Nobles from Eponllyn. What new culture has emerged? What blending has occurred other than government offices.

A sad state we are in as an entity. Our last Phoenix Court ended with bloodshed. Friend upon friend. No court was held. That, is a fair statement.

As if that was not enough, the bureaucracy demands of us to elect a new Ruler. In no less than three, sparing days. Our first day is nearly over. None have stepped forwards. We are a Monarchy and Selenia named me her Son. Her blood is my blood. Yet I recognize also that I am very young.

Our realm, in the wider picture is eminently important to the Northern Alliance, block, whichever name you wish to give it. That is entirely due to Talon Lionel of House Kinsey. His dogged leadership, continued grasp on the greater logistics and respectful handling of a multitude of Nobles from as many realms. Right beside that fact is the large number of capable Nobles of this realm. Leading warriors by his direction without fault.  This realm is the bulwark of the North, its strategic center and its long arm that reaches south time and time again.

As the first day of elections for Ruler passes, I am certain there are discussions being held behind closed doors. That is not how I remember Selenia doing it. There was a time and place for the Phoenix Courts and for all to be involved. Together, out in the open,with every opinion valued and heard. Like this letter is to you.

Perhaps there are those among us, of great merit and in possession of exceeding years full of wisdom. Willing to stand up and lead us. Not in cabal or with henchmen but like a true JeVondair. Out in the open, with passion sewn into their very fabric and unyielding like all those that came before her. Where the very clutches of death take pause and finds its grip singed, burned by the Phoenix flames. We should strive for that.

In closing, should no such ideal be able to be found, no man nor woman aspire and with ability stand up I shall put up my name. Young, inexperienced in government and a life long student of Selenia. I have seen what she has seen, heard her inner most council and offer my own thoughts at every turn when she deliberated. I only offer myself as a last resort, as to not do so and fail her memory would spell dishonor for my name and wouldn't be worthy of her legacy or that of our people.

In that vein I shall lead, as she did. With the Nobility, offer opportunity, broad rather than tall and with many advisers. My aim would be to bring unity to our realm, to enable the war effort and to build our prestige in the world.

Wings unfurled,

Sir Nemean JeVondair Renodin
Knight of Commonyr

-=-=-=-=-

Fellow Nobles of the Realm, Talon Lionel,

A summary of your views on the current political situation.

Before I do so I extend appreciation to Chief of Justice Ryndhal. May he not remain the only one to stand up after my call.

In broad strokes there is the North and the South. The North is militarily led by Talon Lionel of House Kinsey. It holds two alliances that together face the southern alliances. They in turn are led in congregation. Several generals try their hand where the North has a more pyramidal structure. This difference spawns the world we live in. At least, in large part the world as most of us experience it.

From what I've seen and I will make that reference strong, I haven't seen everything and will offer you that insight which I do have. Limited as it may be. A thing that I will continue to do, sharing knowledge. As was her tradition.

The armies of Sydgard, the raider realm are often absent the southern armies. They move independently. At times completely at odds with the remainder of the southern warhost. When I look at this through the lens of politics I must consider that they do not agree, in some part, with the rest of the south. A division. Either in wargoals, methods, leadership this is unknown to me.

The same can be said in some way of Shadowdale. Their forces often lag behind, are sluggish and seem absent more frequently. They are a weak link in the chain of the North. Both the north and south share a similar weakness. Where Sydgard is actively raiding, the same cannot be said of Shadowdale. Again this may be due to the latter being more closely watched by the North and the command structure that is in place here.

An important general of the South vanished, Kellan of House Dodger. This means that the south is less able to coordinate their armies even further. The situation is rife I imagine where politics and perhaps even diplomacy is concerned. A young noble Lady became Imperatrix. She is now the General of Perdan, the Strongest Realm of the South by some measure. No experience she has and likely will make mistakes. Degrading their prestige and opening up political intrigue.

The Perleone Empire is in shambles. Their influence has waned a great amount. Their armies have lessened and their reach diminished. In truth, they are once more a middling realm where before they stood primus. Fallangard will become more vocal as its diminutive form becomes more important. Its educated and capable Nobles may gain a more prominent position on the grand stage. That leaves Vix Tiramora.

In short, that episode was a debacle. More so because it was not exploited in any noticeable way. Now the Vix are stronger than before. A more viable army they will be able to field. With those factors into consideration, they will more firmly become part of the trinity of Perleone, Perdan and Vix Tiramora. The advantage of the wastelands surrounding Perdan City that the North has been enjoying will be contested more fiercely I imagine because of all this. There is more on this but that veers ever more far away from the Political situation as was asked of me to write about.

The war and its political situation. I believe the war is fought purely in the midlands. southern midlands even. With the rising force of Vix that line will be pushed upwards into Caligus again. Possibly into the surrounding of Westmoor but I suspect not due to the Northern's leadership being centered on Greater Eponllyn. Caligus will become more important and vocal. Their lands will be more threatened.

In truth, the political landscape is rather dull in the north. We in Eponllyn haven't even heard from the Rulers of Nivemus nor Shadowdale or even Sirion. There is nothing coming from those places. No words, no relations, nothing. Only silent warriors as we are threatened to become.  Perhaps a new Ruler of ours can bring us those words, if they exist.

About Nivemus and Sirion, I do not know their Political situation. Nor what they aim for or desire. One is left to guess.

In my mind it would be a dangerous situation if Caligus decides or is somehow persuaded to cease fighting. For all of the South would then be funneled through Eponllyn. Unless they like Mountain Climbing which seems very unlikely and foolish.

Wings unfurled,

Knight of Commonyr

-=-=-=-=-

Fellow Nobles of the Realm, Talon Lionel, Ambassador Alexander,

A single day remains and only one other person has stepped forwards as a contender for the Phoenix Throne.

That being what it is, I will address the questions posed. Starting with those from Talon Lionel and then those of Ambassador Alexander.

-

The correction in my knowledge by the Talon is much appreciated, in my previous letters I clearly said that I could only give my views for as far as my knowledge reached. He has extended that reach, for it I am grateful.

What would you have us discuss with Sirion and Nivemus?

To begin with I would want to establish relations with their rulers and key individuals. Get to know them, beyond colored banners that strut across the battlefield. Not just for myself to know but for our entire realm to know. Who are they, what drives them, what do they want. Basic questions really. Things that would do us well to know. To identify with them, to better understand them and to be able to be better allies. The secrecy often needed in military planning should not be required in the diplomacy that could bring realms closer together. I, and I am sure many agree, feel little for shedding blood for a silent rock. For a person however, a friend perhaps, that is another matter entirely.

For too long has there been an experienced silence for the mass of Nobles. That is not a good thing.

I'd like some context on why you were in correspondence with an enemy King... Unless King Kay is lying, but it would be a strange thing to lie about.

The Talon rightly surmised that I have been in contact with the King of Perdan. So too have I been in contact with other Rulers from both the North and the South. The blood that courses through my veins was reason enough for many of them to reach out, unbidden. If I am the Son of House JeVondair and Renodin, as I am. Shame and Pride, it is my duty to uphold the dignity carried therein. You will agree I am sure.

Where I may not have reigned before, unlike those of my blood, it behooves any person to develop relations. Those that reach out to you and also those that you belief you can learn from. The King Kay of Perdan reached out to me. Selenia knew of it. At the risk of sounding Elitist, Royal Houses speak beyond the bounds that encircle or are self-imposed by others. That is what Selenia taught me.

What relations I have and have developed, with more to follow I am sure, I shall utilize to the benefit of our Realm. To see our goals realized and to make true those aspirations we set out for ourselves.

--

Now to the words of Ambassador Alexander.

I would like the candidates for the rulership to address what they believe the concerns of Greater Eponllyn are and how they anticipate to solve them.

In my prior letters I touched upon this area. I believe there is a distinct lack of harmony or unity within the Realm. Yes, there is obedience to the military command but that is not all a realm is made of. I noted that the former Eponllyn Nobles, few as they are, together with the multitude of Nobles from Redhaven, Xavax have achieved little to become one. To come together. Formally government positions have been shared but it seems it ended there. That is a shame and a problem.

How to solve it you ask. I will try what Selenia has done in the past that made us strong. To rule together. To offer voice and platform to all willing to speak and act.  Phoenix Courts, Nights of the Black Swans. Gatherings, deliberations. To do not alone but to do, together. Not in disregard of Eponli traditions but to welcome them. We are a people divided and we should no longer.

Furthermore, I request to know their agenda and platform for their reign.

The Agenda and Platform for my potential Reign. I can repeat that which I've written in previous letters and in part I will. To bring the Realm together, to bring prestige to our Realm on the great stage of the world and to achieve our wargoals as set out by those that came before us.

I will not sit on the throne in solitude. Where I am young there are many, great men and women in this realm. Their wisdom, capability, guidance I will draw upon if they will let me. If ever there was a platform, in the literal sense, you are it. You all are.

Where paper becomes in short supply, I will close with this. With one day remaining, I had hoped to see more stand up. If that is not to be the case, I wish all the best to Chief of Justice Ryndhal. I don't know him very well but I grew up among you all. Whatever you will, I will accept.

Wings unfurled,

Knight of Commonyr

-=-=-=-=-

Fellow Nobles of the Realm, Chief of Commerce Mara, Ambassador Alexander,

A few more questions have been posed, I shall give my answers.

Do you take on all responsibilities of our former Queen? Do you too promise me the duchy of Perdan as she did?

Lady Mara, the promise was made by Selenia. Not by me. However, let me ask this question in turn. Will you bend the knee and swear undying fealty onto me should the realm see fit to ascent me to the Phoenix Throne? What did you promise Selenia in exchange for the Capital of Perdan? This is a discussion that has never been in the public eye.

--

Ambassador Alexander asks:

May I ask what your stance is around Vix? What your intentions would be for that realm and the geographic region providing the northern armies are able to crush the resistance?

My stance towards Vix is a traditional one. They are the opposite in ideology as to us. In the words of former Arbiter Godric, Death to the Democrats. That being said, they are weak and in flux at this time. Albeit with potential. What is to become of that region should I have say over it I do not know. I'd consult the Realm, you, our Nobles. It isn't a place we want to occupy for ourselves.

It might be good to remove them from the war, to install a new government as was tried before. Ultimately however, I would allow myself to be guided by those that see fit to advise me in this.

Wings unfurled,

Knight of Commonyr

-=-=-=-=-

Fellow Nobles of the Realm, Chief of Commerce Mara, Sir Daeron,

Our discussions continue, where my part is concerned in it, I shall provide.

Chief of Commerce Mara,

''I didn't promise anything''
~Mara Aurelius

''as was discussed in the details of the merger''
~Selenia JeVondair

The aforementioned promise was a personal one, between yourself and Selenia. That is explicitly stated. It was made during merger discussions that led to the creation of Greater Eponllyn. You've demonstrated your aptitude for records-keeping, please provide us the rest. The merger details that include the personal promise between two Nobles.

You did not respond in full to my question either while I am expected to just that. I urge you to grace yourself and not to leave parts by the side of road. If I am to aspire to be wise, I will not blindly promise anything. My respect and reverence for Selenia you would only insult if you choose to further press that angle. She would inform you about that fact herself if she was still among us.

Sir Daeron,

How exactly would the Vix situation be handled diplomatically or otherwise as I feel it is being presented simplistically in observation.

The matter you broach is a complicated one. In essence it remains simple however, they are enemies and sought our destruction. The Debacle you refer to however. The diminutive Vix, as they were was pounced upon. Three Nobles in particular stand out. Both Ambassador Franz of House Fitz Robert and Ambassador Alexander of House Greybrook among that trio. Citrine Tourmaline being the third.

They were in positions of power and presumably perceived the Realm of Vix Tiramora to be sufficiently weakened to accept radical change with downward cast face. It was a powerful move. The act miscalculated perhaps or the strength of the instigators found wanting. It could be that the sudden earthquake shook the Vixens awake and into action.

If it had worked it would indeed have been a magnificent victory for the north. That it didn't does not take away from the audacity and daring of those that undertook it. The result we have to live with today is that Vix Tiramora has once more emerged as a viable realm and became a true member of the Trio of the South, Perdan, Perleone and Vix Tiramora. How to deal with that situation diplomatically.

We protect our own. This is war and we must survive. The democratic Ideals they hold dear are alien, wrongheaded and the north fights to eradicate them. For us it is also a struggle for survival, not so much today but our own goals lay in the south. A home they helped destroy. How much diplomacy do you want to conduct with sworn enemies?

I feel we will isolate them as much as possible. Discredit their claims but we should not allow them to distract us from our war goals. As we've been pursuing for all this time. Under direction of Talon Lionel.

Wings unfurled,

Knight of Commonyr

Continued.