Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 51848 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #75: November 12, 2019, 02:09:02 PM »
Welcome, great to see you. No, the tournament didn't go that well. Nemean got beat by the champion in the first round. 1 to 2. Only solace might be the fact that the champion then proceeded to trounce just about every other contestant 0 to 3. Anyhow, today I got a few RPs for you. Nemean decided to try to learn about his father. The JeVondair's are no longer playing (paused their characters) so I figured Nemean would try to uncover the other half of his heritage. The Renodin part. Asher Renodin to be exact. Here is the initial Rp that saw Nemean leave Greater Eponllyn and join Perdan.

Dashing Across the Line

Where earlier on the rays were bright and the world an inundated landscape filled with light. Now there was a bronze world where shadows lorded over the land and leafs spelled doom with their crackling noises. The woodlands, the edges of the verdant swaths that enshrined the villages and towns of Beziers housed the Northern vanguard. A small army in and of itself. It had went unopposed and Nemean rode dutifully along. Warriors from Nivemus razed farmsteads and pillaged all in sight. The only thing taller than the giants with green canopies were the trails of black smoke. The atrocities visited upon the living, framed in the amber glow of a hundred raging fires.

On patrol with his modest group of cavalry he had evaded partaking in that horror. In blind panic the lowborn fled their homes. Even this far away and practically inside the forest he could hear it. Maybe he imagined it. He shook his head, trying to dispel the terrible sound. ''You alright sir?'' One of his warriors asked. Nemean nodded. ''Yea, it's fine. Press on.'' Like a marbled statue his arm reached out like an emperor. Years of privileged life creeps in one's every move. He pointed westwards, towards Bisciye. The place where he would embark upon his own path. ''On the other side of this forest, there lies another life. One you did not choose. Another world. I chose it. I release you all from your bond. Warriors, servants, retainers,'' A short pause that saw eyes lock. ''Captain.''

From high above perched upon a branch, a Red-Robin chirped as it looked down at the troupe of humans. ''Turn back and return to your families. If you stay with me you might never see them again.'' He wanted to smile. Reassure them that it wasn't so. All he could manage was a small line of a mouth. Tight and resolved. His emerald eyes beheld them, traveling from the left all the way to the right. ''I will go through the forest and find out about my own family. The Other Lion.'' With his hand he touched the crest that adorned his chest. The Lions of Houses JeVondair and Renodin.

Unbeknownst to the young man, even though he was gaining the features of a more mature and masculine individual, his mind was truly still unwise in the ways of men and women. So when the people spoke. The fighting ones and all the others, he was surprised. ''Let the Lion Roar.'' It was a single voice. Not even spoken forcefully but rather diminutive actually. Without fault however, it had that quality. Inner pride. ''Let the Lion Roar!'' The worlds came again. This time from several voices.  ''Aye! aye..'' while others said: ''We're with you Nemean.'' The one that broke his Noble posture and made him carefully laugh went like this: ''Get through the bloody forest already, so we can get some mead.'' Mirth. They didn't object. The thought crystallized in his mind. They'll come with me. And Nemean knew kinship and warmth.

Leaving the burned out villages behind them. The trails of smoke in their wake, fortunately not of their making. Plunging headlong into a new future. Uncertain, unknown and where the possibilities were endless. Nemean felt nervous, his gaze fixed upon the horizon. What will I find on the other side.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:11:24 PM by Renodin »