Author Topic: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin  (Read 52034 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tales of Nemean JeVondair Renodin
« Reply #75: November 12, 2019, 02:11:13 PM »

Next up, Nemean taking a vacant estate in a region he doesn't even know the Lord of. It also includes a letter to the realm. Enjoy!

Sending a Message

Arriving in Bisciye was an easy enough affair. He'd had weeks to send out scouts. Pour over the reports from the armies and fortunately the nearest, significant settlement was perched atop a lazy hill. Slumped and entirely taken advantage of as a sprawling town had grown all over and around it. Approaching it was, awkward to say the least. The captain had wisely lowered the banners of Greater Eponllyn and the North. Stowed them out of sight and the only banners that flew were familial ones. The Black and Gold.

The locals were nervous. To the point that some fled on sight. Small crowds rushed into the settlement proper and eventually, a bell rang. Getting closer Nemean could see a small contingent of Spear militia present itself. That's rich. He thought to himself. Observing how the militia fumbled to create a line. How many where they? Twenty? He gestured at a scout of his. ''Announce me.'' The young woman bowed in the saddle and sped off.

An hour later Nemean had spoken with the local mayor. A friendly, rotund man with grassy red hair. The Local manor fortuitously had remained vacant. Leaving nothing to chance Nemean had ordered his posse to take up residence there. Zabar Manor, it'd do.

Before he'd released the shaken mayor he gave him a letter and instructions to present it to the local Lord and Nobility.

Fair Nobles of Perdan,

The hand that writes belongs to Nemean JeVondair Renodin.

My companions and I have arrived in the lands of Bisciye. The Militia did their duty and challenged me duly. I commend them even though I did not come in arms. From him I learned that these lands belong to the Baillivus Benjamin of House Pryde. As is Noble custom I offer him my fealty as I've taken the formerly vacant estate of Zabar Manor. Should he accept it I shall serve him and in full capacity and observance of Noble Code.

That aside, and it holds paramount importance, I present myself to the wider Nobility. I hailed from Greater Eponllyn. With the above oath accepted, I shall no longer be from there but share a space under your banner. The banner of my father.

I shall welcome questions if there are any.

Wings unfurled,

Nemean JeVondair Renodin

The villagers had a field day. A strange Knight appearing from the forests. Claiming a great Manor and their very mayor not objecting at all! Or so that's how they saw it. Highly irregular!