Author Topic: What do when too much food?  (Read 4017 times)

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
What do when too much food?
« Topic Start: August 02, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
East Island have 1000s and 1000s too much food. No reason for make market - no man buy.

What do too much food?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What do when too much food?
« Reply #1: August 02, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »
There's places that need food. Just keep looking.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 02, 2019, 10:43:48 PM »
how "keep looking"?

am lord, have 2000 grain for sale lowest price, already 1000 grain others lords very low price, two weeks, no even one buy.

"Statistics page" say all not enemies surplussed. too far for make sell for enemies.

what can do?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 02, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »
Live with a bunch of extra food?

Selling food to make a profit is, by design, not currently one of the core parts of BattleMaster. Making a functional economy that's fun to participate in and doesn't have a strong tendency toward abundance or famine is Hard.

I have plans for improving the food situation, such that hopefully we'd be able to adjust overall food supply on all continents to be a little closer to break-even, but that's for a ways in the future.

I'm not going to make half the EC starve just so it's easier for you and the other breadbasket regions to sell food.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 02, 2019, 11:49:55 PM »
Why answers always so much hyperbole?

Sorry for make bother. No more come here for helps.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 17, 2019, 09:58:23 AM »
Make war, not love is your answer.
You might find too much food in times of peace, reason enough to go to war.
If your realm has a massive surplus, all you need to do is deny other realms their surplus in order to force them to buy it from you.
Obviously it isnt easy to scheme out a massive war leading to food shortages and starvation, you'd need to work together with your fellow players, which is a core design of this game, just as warfare is.
Does that help?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog