Author Topic: Entrenched families in same realm  (Read 20516 times)

egamma

Re: Entrenched families in same realm
« Reply #60: July 27, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but what always got me about Lukon is how despite being the pre-eminent power on the Colonies for six/seven years plus, you seem to have to play there to have any idea what she's really about. IIRC Lukon didn't ever have a tiki page and the wiki page that got put up in 2007 just carries the In-Game realm description. Time to write a history or something Valast. Indulge the many of us whose only major Lukon experiences have been to feel Lukonite steel at our necks :-P

An excellent idea! I started out really disliking Valast and Lukon, but over the past year I've gotten to know Valast, and some of the other council members. A PR campaign would be a good idea.

Valast

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 27, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but what always got me about Lukon is how despite being the pre-eminent power on the Colonies for six/seven years plus, you seem to have to play there to have any idea what she's really about. IIRC Lukon didn't ever have a tiki page and the wiki page that got put up in 2007 just carries the In-Game realm description. Time to write a history or something Valast. Indulge the many of us whose only major Lukon experiences have been to feel Lukonite steel at our necks :-P

I know I know... :P just like my family page needs a huge update!  It really is a great story, but needs to be put out there...between kids, loosing a wife, finding another, jobs, and life...well...its been a hard road.  But I should make this my new hobby and get to work!

However in the past there was more to the lukon stuff on the wiki...just never well written or finished.  I also do not know how to do all the wiki paragraph breaks or whateveritscalled stuff.

Lastly... me writing it will make it from my perspective... perhaps somone would step up to proof read it and help me to make it less a story about me and more one about the colonies?....

now that I think about it...perhaps that is what REALLY needs to take place!  A joint effort to make a history of the entire Colonies?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #62: July 27, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
Hehe..hehehe...Colonies...

It's like the cult classic versus the mainstream. Maybe it's of higher quality and more interesting than a place like AT, but its particular features make it favorable to a smaller audience. 1 turn a day, long travel times, very small map, few rich regions, means that most players won't find it to match their goals. For example, people who want to max their skills at an academy would have an expected growth rate half that of the other continents. Rich dukes would be fewer due to the fewer regions. Wars are a lot more strategy-oriented than action-oriented.

And as we probably know by now, current "mainstream" is all about action, thinking as little as possible, having a lot of changing stuff happen, mostly all due to the shortening attention span and desire to engage in as many different activities simultaneously.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 28, 2011, 12:52:40 AM »
Hehe..hehehe...Colonies...

It's like the cult classic versus the mainstream. Maybe it's of higher quality and more interesting than a place like AT, but its particular features make it favorable to a smaller audience. 1 turn a day, long travel times, very small map, few rich regions, means that most players won't find it to match their goals. For example, people who want to max their skills at an academy would have an expected growth rate half that of the other continents. Rich dukes would be fewer due to the fewer regions. Wars are a lot more strategy-oriented than action-oriented.

And as we probably know by now, current "mainstream" is all about action, thinking as little as possible, having a lot of changing stuff happen, mostly all due to the shortening attention span and desire to engage in as many different activities simultaneously.

My experiences with Colonies (Outer Tilog and Assassins, notably) have been much less than satisfying, and this not only because things happen slowly.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 28, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
Well if you want a decent chance at becoming ruler, you should come to Westmoor. We seem to go through a new ruler everyone couple of months.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 28, 2011, 12:50:57 PM »
Six rulers in the past year to be precise.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Dageroth

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: August 01, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
I'm by no means a new player and I'm certainly no old player. In about two weeks I'll have been around for a year. I've got three characters, all on separate continents, Beluaterra - Far East - Dwilight. None of whom have ever even been on the same continent. Now there have been parts of me that thought I should create a new character within a realm I first came to join, which as Arcaea. If for no other reason than to simplify the fact that I currently have to remember the names of damn near fifteen to twenty realms and a whole list of nobles from each realm on each continent.  :P

But you see I don't want to. I like the fact that my three characters, on all three different continents, are embroiled in a war. Only one, as of right now, I even come close to fully understanding, Arcaea vs. Arcachon & GA. But it's the fact that each has their own agendas and different people to interact with that makes each experience unique. And although I'm sure my braincells would applaud my efforts in restraining their use in the memorization of how to properly spell Arcachon or Caerwyn or Hemaglobe, it's the differences that count and I'm glad for them.  ;D

I mean who'd want to sit in one realm, and only one, when there's so many battles to master. 8)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 02, 2011, 03:39:45 AM »
I'm by no means a new player and I'm certainly no old player. In about two weeks I'll have been around for a year. I've got three characters, all on separate continents, Beluaterra - Far East - Dwilight. None of whom have ever even been on the same continent. Now there have been parts of me that thought I should create a new character within a realm I first came to join, which as Arcaea. If for no other reason than to simplify the fact that I currently have to remember the names of damn near fifteen to twenty realms and a whole list of nobles from each realm on each continent.  :P

But you see I don't want to. I like the fact that my three characters, on all three different continents, are embroiled in a war. Only one, as of right now, I even come close to fully understanding, Arcaea vs. Arcachon & GA. But it's the fact that each has their own agendas and different people to interact with that makes each experience unique. And although I'm sure my braincells would applaud my efforts in restraining their use in the memorization of how to properly spell Arcachon or Caerwyn or Hemaglobe, it's the differences that count and I'm glad for them.  ;D

I mean who'd want to sit in one realm, and only one, when there's so many battles to master. 8)

For a very long time, I had two characters on Beluaterra, but always in different realms. You cannot imagine how much influence you can wield this way. And you also don't have to learn the names of every realm and region twice, just once works for both.

The downside is that you can't both have them get council positions. In the end, I think that played a good role in my bringing my characters together when I started getting less time and will. It's really a pity, if you ask me...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron