Author Topic: Reply All  (Read 1924 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Reply All
« Topic Start: July 13, 2019, 02:02:45 PM »
Title: A Reply All Message Function

Summary: We have already taken a great stride in the messages with the "Reply to List" function, but I would like to propose adding a "Reply All" function.

Details: All too often, a letter is sent out to three or four people who are not of a specific group. To reply to all these people, you have to individually select them every time you want to send a letter. It becomes a nightmare when the number goes up. Just like an e-mail service, we should implement a "Reply All" button, which takes you to a new message addressed to the addressees of the previous message.

Benefits: Saves time, saves frustration, prevents people from getting missed in group correspondence. Streamlines the message system.

Possible Downsides/Exploits: It is pretty low-impact gameplay wise, so I don't think there would be must to abuse.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Reply All
« Reply #1: July 13, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »
Please take a look at the experimental NewReader and NewWriter. The functionality you're looking for should be available through them, I believe.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 13, 2019, 05:59:41 PM »
Ah yes, the group conversation option?

When will the new reader/writer be fully implemented? Is there a way to keep it active? As soon as I click on Messages again I am back to the old message system.

Should I just have more patience?
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 13, 2019, 08:53:19 PM »
There are several areas where it still needs polish, and my intention is to address those, along with several other miscellaneous fixes and improvements, once Hinterlands is live.

You should be able to access the New Reader and New Writer from the Messages page, on the right, under "Enhanced message writer" and "Enhanced message reader".
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan