Author Topic: Frostpunk (And Similar Games)  (Read 3056 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Frostpunk (And Similar Games)
« Topic Start: July 17, 2019, 02:28:27 AM »
So, I'll admit, I really liked Frostpunk, and wish it had more variety to play with, but I was thinking about it the other day and realized I have a relatively easy to deploy code base that wouldn't be too hard to turn into a game focused on surviving a frozen waste as part of a community.

There's a few things I'd need to do to make it work, like overhaul and simplify the economy, as well as make individual citizens actually modeled in-game, but it's within the realm of possibility to use the Might & Fealty code to create a Frostpunk-themed online survival game, where the focus is on survival, inside-settlement dynamics, and exploration. (And yes, this would include dynamic creation and crashing of settlements).

If you're interested, let me know. If there's more than a couple people interested, we can get to hashing things out.

Oh, if you have no idea what the heck Frostpunk is, it's on Steam. And probably other places.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:42:30 AM by Andrew »
Like my programming? Become my patron!

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Frostpunk (And Similar Games)
« Reply #1: July 18, 2019, 05:45:59 AM »
Frostpunk is a fantastic game. If you do decide to give it a go, hit me up. The very least I can do is to check it out.
D'Espana Family