Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 250414 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #15: March 04, 2011, 04:08:07 AM »
Bring it on, Bedwyr.

But seriously: if you tried to start something over a family feud like that, I would about have a heart attack from the excited flutterings in my heart. You will find few people more willing to start a senseless family feud over a long-dead issue than me. Hireshmont II is a pretty balanced and level-headed person, but that branch of the Vellos family is touchy about kinship ties.

Though, frankly, the death of Colin is more to be blamed on the Anaris family than the Vellos family. The Vellos family at that time was an advocate for peace, reconciliation, and mutual understanding, whereas the Anaris family is full of bloodthirsty savages without a conscience, sense of refinement, or culture.

That is my professional and unbiased opinion, of course.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 04, 2011, 04:10:30 AM »
Oh and, Tim, you have no idea how heinous trees can get. Right about the time it takes your army 36 hours to travel between regions, you start to hate the land itself.

Given its latitude, culture, etc, most of us playing in Maroccidens have concluded that it's climate is approximately like southern India, or Thailand, or Indonesia.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 04, 2011, 04:12:28 AM »
...the Anaris family is full of bloodthirsty savages without a conscience, sense of refinement, or culture.

Bloodthirsty and lack of conscience I will cop to on Alanna's part, but while she's more than happy to see anything bad happen to D'Hara, she's never actually had any part in any such occurrence...

...yet.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 04, 2011, 04:25:38 AM »
Vellos, Colins death rests with me, since my character killed him. However that is not what he refers to. To add further spin, my family will be helping Koli to achieve his vengeance.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 04, 2011, 04:48:40 AM »
Bring it on, Bedwyr.

But seriously: if you tried to start something over a family feud like that, I would about have a heart attack from the excited flutterings in my heart. You will find few people more willing to start a senseless family feud over a long-dead issue than me. Hireshmont II is a pretty balanced and level-headed person, but that branch of the Vellos family is touchy about kinship ties.

Though, frankly, the death of Colin is more to be blamed on the Anaris family than the Vellos family. The Vellos family at that time was an advocate for peace, reconciliation, and mutual understanding, whereas the Anaris family is full of bloodthirsty savages without a conscience, sense of refinement, or culture.

That is my professional and unbiased opinion, of course.

Has nothing to do with Colin's death, merely his reasons for leaving Dwilight.  And I have a hope that House Vellos and House Bedwyr will be working together after it, not against.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 04, 2011, 06:29:54 AM »
Ahhh.... things make sense now.

I'm now very curious about all of this; I was quite unaware that PeL had anything against D'Hara. But that's probably something I should hear about IC.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: March 04, 2011, 06:47:40 AM »
D'Hara was founded by a PeL rebel, who then rebelled in Shadovar to make D'Hara. Pretty simple.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 04, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »
Yeah the PeL/Giask/Fissoa conflict is pretty fun for me. I'm thinking of making Shin turn into a religious nut and go and start sacrificing people for his god, but these plans are in the far future :)

What happens in Madina?
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #23: March 04, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »
D'Hara was formed...well, since I was part of Shadovar I can give a slightly accurate chronicle.

Edelstein Greenburie seceded Port Nebel to found Shadovar. After some stuff with Melodia, Shadovar took Port Raviel. Around this time a bunch of refugees from Pian en Luries led by Katayanna Ogren, who had come from the failed Verus Luria fiasco, joined Shadovar to assist against monsters. Edelstein found out that Katayanna was part of the underground and banned her. There was some protest.

I forgot the first name, but the Marquis of Nebel Something Bronzeweasel, who was a real-life friend of the player of Mathias Ridder, got the Sahdovar army to go to Nebel so Mathias could start a rebellion. After that he OOC banned the duke of Port Raviel, Richard Con Doin, for which he was bolted. Katayanna Ogren got dukeship of Port Raviel and later seceded, forming D'Hara. Stuff happened after that I guess but I stopped caring after that point.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 04, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »
Everywhere Ironsides trouble follows...Its funny and kind of odd.

Question to people in Madina... What do you all do down there? Is it basically a stepping stone nation or what? Never hear from you guys at all... Its so far away from the action.

I find the Giask/Pel/Fissoa fight interesting in a kind of sadistic watching molasses fighting tar battle in cold weather... Its like everyone knows there is a fight going on but it basically takes 50 years inbetween battles.

Asylon is frustrating but more fun and more options than Thulsoma had, but we're basically in the same position we were in as there,surrounded by monsters oh and the wild monsters in the forests too.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 04, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
What happens in Madina
...stays in Madina.

Or so I would surmise.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:28:16 PM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 04, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
lol where is the 'like' button?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

egamma

« Reply #27: March 04, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
it's the "applaud" button.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 04, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »
You have to have a certain number of forum posts before those links appear. I *think* it's 10 posts, but it may be a bit higher.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 05, 2011, 12:31:25 AM »
Hm, didn't know that D'Hara was formed by PeL rebels. That was, I think, while I was paused for a few weeks, or else early in Terran's time, when I had bigger things on my mind.

Heh Melodia. Now Melodia was a fun piece of chaos.

You learn something new every day.