Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 252592 times)

egamma

Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #180: March 20, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
It was more an effort to remove him from office. The Duke didn't buy any food for the peasants of Madina, instead he expected free hand-outs (the constant buy order was set at 1 gold per 100 bushels). He didn't fund his army, nor issue it any orders (even though he was the Marshal) and he didn't actively seek out getting knights for the region, even when new nobles turned up.

I'm not overly sure why he wasn't just banned from the realm, but I guess this way was much more fun! :D

That's not entirely true. He had a buy order for 75/100 whenever Gornak traveled through the city--I think that's probably the highest buy price on the continent. I probably sold him 500 bushels over the past few months, at a total profit of 250 gold.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: March 20, 2011, 08:48:37 PM »

I'm not overly sure why he wasn't just banned from the realm, but I guess this way was much more fun! :D

First of all, it's his property and no one is justified to take it from him(not even the goverment).
Second, it's not possible, you'd have to force suceed him, that was next on the list but it required one lord to change duchy, but he never replied to any letters.

Madina lives by a diferent philosphy than most realms carry, the goverment isn't the boss of any landowner, they just make sure everyone in the republic is safe, and in case of war, all landowners defend each other.
Any disputes or politics is solved on personal levels, rarely via the goverment, for she wields no such power over it's citizens.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #182: March 20, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
He can't be banned? Why not?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: March 20, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »
Royal, I take it.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: March 21, 2011, 12:02:57 AM »
He can't be banned? Why not?

The constitution says so. It's one thing Madina takes quite highly (I'd somehow forgotten about it in my last post). So game-mechanicly, he can be banned. But RP-wise, it doesn't make much sense in Madina.

Any Lord owns his land and anything to do with his land, he can do what he wants with it. Which is why my Lord sells his food for 50 gold per 100 bushels, even though everywhere around him is starving. It's basically a way of pushing power onto the Lords, making for some interesting situations where Lords of seemingly minor regions can hold the balance of power.

There's a lot of "I don't like what you're doing, but I'll defend to the death your right to do it" that goes on in Madina. Confuses some people at first, but you get used to it.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: March 21, 2011, 12:11:58 AM »
Wow.

That is awesome.

I tried to get a real constitution going in Irombrozia for the longest time; never worked. The fact that ya'll have a functional system that you actually obey over game mechanics is really cool.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: March 21, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
Wow.

That is awesome.

I tried to get a real constitution going in Irombrozia for the longest time; never worked. The fact that ya'll have a functional system that you actually obey over game mechanics is really cool.

Well then, come on over and join the fun!

I do wish to disagree with the system beeing functional.
If Madina would be in danger of invasion, yes, the realm will function as another realm in a so called 'state of emergency'.
But in state of peace, any invasion(looting parties) executed by Madina will be one or several individual expiditions planned and carried out by individual landowners(local lords), with or without the support of the Governor.
Also the food distribution doesn't have a balance yet, Madina has weekly starvations just because in some way the Governor didn't manage to gather enough food every week to feed his citiezens, where Madinas landowners produce enough to feed Madina and even Export abroad.

But for the consitution to be a fun system, it requires good, fun and ambitious characters to rule over there properties.
So if you think your character fits with the above, join the fun!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: March 21, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
Wow, I see Allisons name mentioned a lot!   

This whole war has been a rather interesting turn of events.  Allison might make it out of this in good shape.   Seeing Baal paraphrase Allison in his war declaration made me laugh.   The best part is that Morek will get Aegir back without losing any men and Allison gets to go to Astrum and fight Caerwyn.  The thing she has been trying to do for /years/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:47:27 AM by dustole »
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: March 21, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »
The constitution says so. It's one thing Madina takes quite highly (I'd somehow forgotten about it in my last post). So game-mechanicly, he can be banned. But RP-wise, it doesn't make much sense in Madina.

Any Lord owns his land and anything to do with his land, he can do what he wants with it. Which is why my Lord sells his food for 50 gold per 100 bushels, even though everywhere around him is starving. It's basically a way of pushing power onto the Lords, making for some interesting situations where Lords of seemingly minor regions can hold the balance of power.

There's a lot of "I don't like what you're doing, but I'll defend to the death your right to do it" that goes on in Madina. Confuses some people at first, but you get used to it.

This sounds like an incredibly interesting concept if it regularly works out this way.  It's like a Freestate.  Now you just need to settle disputes through trial matches.

egamma

« Reply #189: March 21, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »

This sounds like an incredibly interesting concept if it regularly works out this way.  It's like a Freestate.  Now you just need to settle disputes through trial matches.

It sounds to me like the original government of the US, in 1776. It didn't work too well.

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: March 21, 2011, 10:41:05 PM »

It worked better when my old char was still in Madina, "The tireless enforces of the grooming standard and Madina law!" :P

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: March 21, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »
It sounds to me like the original government of the US, in 1776. It didn't work too well.

and the US government is so great now. ;)
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: March 22, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »

You... you... you... Federalist!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #193: March 22, 2011, 03:24:32 AM »
By the original government he means the one formed by the Articles of Confederation, not the Constitution. In case anyone got confused in the matter.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: March 22, 2011, 06:57:59 AM »
Wow, I see Allisons name mentioned a lot!   

This whole war has been a rather interesting turn of events.  Allison might make it out of this in good shape.   Seeing Baal paraphrase Allison in his war declaration made me laugh.   The best part is that Morek will get Aegir back without losing any men and Allison gets to go to Astrum and fight Caerwyn.  The thing she has been trying to do for /years/

Allison was the one who tried to spark this war anyways. But I do enjoy the thought of Allison joining Astrum! Realms with her tend to crumble  :D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)