Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 250793 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #825: August 23, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
They wanted the Caerwynians to join Aurvandiel in the great migration debate of 2011, didn't work out for them though, I think IC they would have a hard time justifying attacking their former allies in Madina.

Here's what I predict, using my powers of perception and a magic crystal ball.

Most of the Saxons from Caerwyn join Barca or Terran, if Aurvandiel loses they push for allowing Aurvandiel nobles into Barca. Get into Barca, take over!

Ta da!

mhhh, sure your not guilty your self?  ???
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #826: August 23, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »
Guilty?
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Lopeyschools

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #827: August 23, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »
Oh that's right the whole federated with Astrum thing.

;D

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #828: August 23, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »
Sorry, who are the Saxons exactly?
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #829: August 23, 2011, 07:55:07 PM »
They should skip ahead and go straight to Pian en Luries. It's perfect for their rebellious minds.

I've always tried to work with marginalized groups.  For some reason, it always goes sour after it becomes obvious that it's not a sense of belonging or teamwork that they want—just your realm.

Zakilevo

« Reply #830: August 23, 2011, 11:14:18 PM »

I don't exactly know when they started, but the first time I encountered those 'saxons', they were in Thulsoma. They used weird titles for their government jobs and exploited a bug which enable them to use as much of their family gold as possible. Though they were annoying they did provide SA realms with something to do.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #831: August 23, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
exploited a bug which enable them to use as much of their family gold as possible.

To clarify, they found a situation that essentially allowed them to create and access gold with no penalties.  The loophole has been closed.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832: August 24, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »
To clarify, they found a situation that essentially allowed them to create and access gold with no penalties.  The loophole has been closed.

There goes my plan for world domination...   :(
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #833: August 24, 2011, 05:51:16 AM »

Essentially an OOC clan that took over Thulsoma at one point and role-played themselves as Saxons. They were pretty serious about the Saxon thing, to the point of writing their signpost and various other things entirely in Old English. However, they were also power gamers (see the discussion about the afore-mentioned loophole) and generally bad-spirited. Their characters tended to be xenophobic, insular and arrogant.

Short story, Thulsoma was destroyed, so they moved to Averoth. Averoth was destroyed, so they moved on to Caerwyn. Now Caerwyn is going down, so they're moving on once again. They're not welcome anywhere in the north thanks to the Thulsoma affair. Hence the whole counter clockwise rotation thing, until they've basically gotten themselves banned from everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:52:57 AM by Geronus »

Lopeyschools

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #834: August 24, 2011, 06:23:22 AM »
Essentially an OOC clan that took over Thulsoma at one point and role-played themselves as Saxons. They were pretty serious about the Saxon thing, to the point of writing their signpost and various other things entirely in Old English. However, they were also power gamers (see the discussion about the afore-mentioned loophole) and generally bad-spirited. Their characters tended to be xenophobic, insular and arrogant.

Short story, Thulsoma was destroyed, so they moved to Averoth. Averoth was destroyed, so they moved on to Caerwyn. Now Caerwyn is going down, so they're moving on once again. They're not welcome anywhere in the north thanks to the Thulsoma affair. Hence the whole counter clockwise rotation thing, until they've basically gotten themselves banned from everywhere.

I'm surprised they've got such a poor track record.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #835: August 24, 2011, 01:11:50 PM »

You missed out Madina :P Or are the ones that came to Madina a different clan?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836: August 24, 2011, 02:31:58 PM »
I'm surprised they've got such a poor track record.
In general they chose poor realms, kept themselves apart, acted extremely arrogant in all their dealings with other realms, and then proceeded to viciously antagonize and insult their neighbors. The results were ridiculously predictable.

To be fair, they didn't really "take over" Thulsoma in the sense of moving in and kicking out the prior occupants. Thulsoma had been abandoned due to overwhelming monster attacks, and was on the verge of disappearing completely. I'm not sure there was anyone left in Thulsoma at all when Haruka showed up. The realm was in Anarchy and she was auto-selected as the new ruler. (Or however that anarchy thing works. I've never been in a realm in anarchy before.) That's when the Saxons showed up. They rescued the nearly dead realm and brought it back to flourishing. It wasn't until much later that anyone suspected how the family gold loophole was being exploited. Without it, there would have been no chance at all for the realm to come back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #837: August 24, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
You missed out Madina :P Or are the ones that came to Madina a different clan?

You mean the people that went on to found Aurvandil? They are not, to my knowledge, actual Saxons. They did not ever participate in Thulsoma, nor do they IC claim to be of the Saxon race (again, to my knowledge). They attempted a failed rebellion in the Libero Empire and left there and went straight to Madina as far as I know, except the ringleader who was deported and then resurfaced in Caerwyn.

In an OOC sense there may be a connection there, but I have no evidence of that on Dwilight. It could just be two different groups that happen to be sympathetic to each other. I know that Hroskell, the leader of the failed rebellion, was sympathetic to the Saxons going back to when he was a priest of SA, and later joined Caerwyn with what I imagine was the express purpose of getting revenge on SA. However, there are IC reasons for everything he did.