Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 252764 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #465: June 02, 2011, 12:22:56 AM »
I suppose you use ladders when you don't have siege engines.

I thought they scaled the walls like in Prince of Persia, with some guy with amazing accuracy shooting crossbow bolts into the wall to act as hand grips. It was TOTALLY believable.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #466: June 02, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »
It would take too long and too much dead bodies to make a stairway of it. And never watched Prince of Persia.  :D Nice ideas, but I believe I am sticking to my ladders.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: June 02, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »
It would take too long and too much dead bodies to make a stairway of it. And never watched Prince of Persia.  :D Nice ideas, but I believe I am sticking to my ladders.

But ladders lack a certain level of drama. Any old peasant can carry a ladder and put it up against a wall.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #468: June 02, 2011, 12:06:35 PM »
Why old peasants?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: June 02, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
Anyone want to give a new face a brief history of Dwilight?  :) I've tried reading the wiki but it wasn't very clear and parts didn't seem upto date. I'm specificly interested in the north-east of the islands where Summerdale is as I have a noble there.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: June 02, 2011, 09:52:18 PM »
I'd help you, but I know little of the North :) SA vs Anti-SA, afaik.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471: June 02, 2011, 09:59:11 PM »
First there was nothing. Then there was Sanguis Astroism. What more do you need?  8)

Seriously, though, try these:
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472: June 02, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »
First there was nothing. Then there was Sanguis Astroism. What more do you need?  8)

Seriously, though, try these:

This helps thanks. Can you explain what "Asylon", "Averoth", "Entai" and "Zuma Coalition" are though? None of them seem to be on the political map?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #473: June 02, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »
Asylon is a small realm west of Caerwyn, Averoth was a small realm based in Valkyrja on the very north of Dwilight, and the Zuma Coalition is a NPC "realm" northwest of Terran that is very mysterious.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: June 02, 2011, 10:09:10 PM »
Asylon is a small realm west of Caerwyn, Averoth was a small realm based in Valkyrja on the very north of Dwilight, and the Zuma Coalition is a NPC "realm" northwest of Terran that is very mysterious.

Asylons banner hasn't changed on the Political map thats why I was confused. Why is Averoth still in existance if its been destroyed then? And what is/was Entai?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475: June 02, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Realms are not immediately deleted when their last region is lost. Deletion is a manual process, and cn only be done by Tom. He likes to give the characters a while to find new realms, before the lost realm is deleted and the remaining nobles in it sent rogue.

Entai was a realm formed by the secession of the city of Aegir from Morek Empire. It was short lived, as all the nobles in it left and went to Astrum as soon as the Carwyn/Astrum war started. Morek then reclaimed all the lost regions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: June 02, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »
Deleting realms is done manually by Tom once they've been destroyed for a while and it's clear that they aren't going to be able to recover.  Entai...I think that was Allison's brief secession from Morek.  That was going to be a civil war, but the declaration of the League of Free Nations against the Brotherhood of Astrocracies cause them to make amends and it got reabsorbed as Allison and co moved west to help Astrum.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: June 02, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »
That was going to be a civil war, but the declaration of the League of Free Nations against the Brotherhood of Astrocracies cause them to make amends and it got reabsorbed as Allison and co moved west to help Astrum.

:o League of free.... Brootherhood.... Wut?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: June 02, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »
League of Free Nations = Thulsoma, Averoth, Caerwyn, Madina = anti-Sanguis Astroism.

Brotherhood of Astrocracies = Sanguis Astroism.

It's more complicated than that, of course, but that's a reasonable summation.

Ironkrieg

• Peasant
  • I'm new. Play nice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479: June 02, 2011, 10:30:39 PM »
League of Free Nations = Thulsoma, Averoth, Caerwyn, Madina = anti-Sanguis Astroism.

Brotherhood of Astrocracies = Sanguis Astroism.

It's more complicated than that, of course, but that's a reasonable summation.

Quick search on the Wiki reveles that that basicly means Caerwyn vs. pretty much everyone else. Thulsoma and Averoth don't seems to exist properly anymore and Madina is having some sort of civil war now? Whereas Sanguis Astroism seems to be expanding with pretty much no internal problems. That be an accurate summary?