Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 252654 times)

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #90: March 13, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Yay? So 40% of Morek consists of fanatics and/or manipulable idiots?  8) Wait then why isn't Bowie in Entei (a pokémon?  :o lol)

Allison despises Bowie and vice versa so, well, I don't see him running off to join Entei (woah it actually is  :o) anytime soon.  :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #91: March 13, 2011, 02:39:24 PM »
It's interesting they're using oneof my Aquilegia banners though. Interesting because Allison was among those (mini-Allison aka Anabellium and useless duke aka Veuvius or something (volcano lol) who eliminated Garret's Aquilegia. Sadly it was never really recovered after that.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: March 13, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
This topic is going really fast. On the discusion of Madina, The explanation some people are giving is just only a small (more public) part of it.
For example the Capital has been changed indeed because of a conflict between almost all Madinas land owners and some others in Madina with Governor Sage who refuses to step down per there will.
This has caused various plots against him, like assasniation atempts, not selling food, referendas, and now the moving of capital and the changing of aliegance of Madinas landowners to the duchy of fatmilak.
Nothing seems to work, against Sage.
And now most of the older members in Madina bound with Sage as a new mutual inner republican treat seems to apear amongst the younger nobles.

The declaration against SA was indeed an atempt to atract  refugees in order to deal with the low influx of new nobles.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: March 13, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »
So basically Madina is a functional basketcase state?

The eastern continent is always more exciting... The west is slower and it will take time for the splits and breaks that have happened on the east already. But they will happen.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: March 13, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
So basically Madina is a functional basketcase state?

What do you mean with basket case? or functional? :P

Madina fucntions as it it does but it is by far one of the most uneficient realms in BM.
It has to much individual freedom for lords and there is no real feeling of nationalism.
It creates fun situations especialy with so many typical characters.
But it isn't really efficient.

Indivdual people gain wealth and the republic gains nothing, and it will only expand based on personal ambitions by certain governors(dukes).

A split will thus very unlikley happen.
The realm it's self is split enough as it is.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: March 13, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »
It's a great shame Madina doesn't have more players in it. I find it quite fun playing there, but it gets a little boring when my character faces off against - or is supported by - the same person all the time.

I think having very little sense of nationalism in Madina is what makes it a great realm. Every man/woman is out for themselves, yet at the same time they realise that they need the other Lords/Knights to prop themselves up. I just wish that the Dukes would take a little more self control. The constitution says they can send expeditions to wherever they want (I think, it's been a while since I read it), but none of them do. I could easily see Candiels duchy raiding Barca, then Fatmilak duchy selling it food because the Dukes oppose each other. But something like that won't happen because the Dukes don't throw their weight around enough.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: March 14, 2011, 01:19:38 AM »
It's interesting they're using oneof my Aquilegia banners though. Interesting because Allison was among those (mini-Allison aka Anabellium and useless duke aka Veuvius or something (volcano lol) who eliminated Garret's Aquilegia. Sadly it was never really recovered after that.

Atleast Vesuvis did have good contacts.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #97: March 14, 2011, 01:35:22 AM »
Atleast Vesuvis did have good contacts.

Sure sure. Don't sweat it, there's nothing serious about my posts here.

West

• Peasant
  • Know the right people-
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: March 14, 2011, 06:29:11 AM »
Ah, its Adriddae...Tsk, Vesuvis - running off without even telling your dear wife =.=.

It's okay though! I borrowed your name without your permission. Annnnnnnnnnnnd...you had a daughter you didn't know about.

Glad to know I'm still remembered though!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:38:34 AM by West »

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: March 14, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
I just wish that the Dukes would take a little more self control. The constitution says they can send expeditions to wherever they want (I think, it's been a while since I read it), but none of them do. I could easily see Candiels duchy raiding Barca, then Fatmilak duchy selling it food because the Dukes oppose each other. But something like that won't happen because the Dukes don't throw their weight around enough.

Your completly right, and it is quite hard to get rid of the most powerful person in the whole realm.
I hope once oportunity alows to skeme against him again properly, things will drasticly change.
Abbot allready has great plans for his next term as Governor of Madina.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: March 14, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
Does anyone have more info on the Zuma? Why aren't they shown on the map? Do they really exist? Is this like the BT invasion or something?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #101: March 14, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »
Does anyone have more info on the Zuma? Why aren't they shown on the map? Do they really exist? Is this like the BT invasion or something?

Zuma? What's a Zuma?  ??? ::)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: March 14, 2011, 12:59:59 PM »

The Zuma are... there. I can't tell you that much about them even though my realm has the best relation with them. I know two things: Artemesia's character is their voice, and their lands are grympen mire, ruins of w... , the volcano, Nightmarch (capital city), Dragon song and roost, and upper and lower root.

I think they are largely peaceful, but it is different kind of peaceful as their culture seems quite unique. Each Diamon looks different from the rest, and their appearance seems to highly impact their level of civility.
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: March 14, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
This topic is going really fast. On the discusion of Madina, The explanation some people are giving is just only a small (more public) part of it.
For example the Capital has been changed indeed because of a conflict between almost all Madinas land owners and some others in Madina with Governor Sage who refuses to step down per there will.
This has caused various plots against him, like assasniation atempts, not selling food, referendas, and now the moving of capital and the changing of aliegance of Madinas landowners to the duchy of fatmilak.
Nothing seems to work, against Sage.
And now most of the older members in Madina bound with Sage as a new mutual inner republican treat seems to apear amongst the younger nobles.

The declaration against SA was indeed an atempt to atract  refugees in order to deal with the low influx of new nobles.

You could simply, you know, pull a PeL and force him to secede, then re-invade the city. The general can scrap all his militia before you do, too. Or ban the duke? Is he a royal or something? Or starve the city to revolt...

If you are counting on assassination, it's no wonder you can't get rid of him.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: March 14, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
You could simply, you know, pull a PeL and force him to secede, then re-invade the city. The general can scrap all his militia before you do, too. Or ban the duke? Is he a royal or something? Or starve the city to revolt...

If you are counting on assassination, it's no wonder you can't get rid of him.

how's that for RP consistency? reeks like powergaming ...