Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 251397 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #120: March 16, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
I don't think Morek will be out of this for nearly as long as you think.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: March 16, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
Well, I am Caerwyn's judge and for a long time now we've been plotting to war with Astrum! You'll all see it in your events by now. It's the perfect time to do so, too, with Morek out of the game for a bit. We've known about Astrum's plots and schemes for a while now, but have played the "cowardice" card pretty well! Astrum's leaders looked away from us and actually thought we'd go along with their little Federation XD!

I'd really be interested in knowing where these schemes came from. I get the whole spy thing. (Although it wasn't a spy. You sent your secret rallying cry for allies to face off against SA directly to an SA member. Woops.  :-[) But these supposedly secret plans? It's really some creative writing on someone's part.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: March 16, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »
Psh, I'm not saying it was my plan. I just went along with the whole scheme of things. Though Caerwyn took forever to rally... and yes, I know we sent that to some SA members - it couldn't be helped.

How long did I say Morek would be "out of it"? I've been playing this game for a solid 2+ years now, I know Entai will have a very short life-time. Nonetheless, they will not be there for the start which usually plays out to who has the advantage. Of course, anything could happen.

And whether or not Astrum had schemes or not, which I'm fairly certain they did as I know three of their dukes IRL, makes no difference.. TO WAR!

New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: March 16, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
How dare they plot without me! :p

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: March 16, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
No, no schemes at all actually, that's the ironic part. As Indirik noted elsewhere, after all the things SA actually did, it's kind of funny that they had to fabricate a reason for war. Caerwyn's behavior the last couple months has certainly put Astrum in warier frame of mind as regards them, but no one that I know about in either Astrum or the Church actually had any plans for Caerwyn at all, and considering the fact that I rule Astrum I would hope that I would know if someone was planning something unpleasant, seeing as how Astrum would probably be a key piece of any such plan.

In any case, I do believe the war will be very entertaining for everyone involved, win or lose. Definitely the largest conflict Dwilight has ever seen, or is likely to see.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #125: March 16, 2011, 07:29:31 PM »
Has anyone noticed that there are now forty-two (42!) nobles in Averoth?

Must be some epic tax income to be had...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #126: March 16, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
Maybe those guys who used to be in Thulsoma went there, explaining why only 3 remain in regionless Thulsoma. But that only brings them up maybe to 30 something, so I guess people got wind that Averoth was duking it out with SA and went there? Who knows.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: March 16, 2011, 08:04:21 PM »
Yes, they must be calling in their friends to help them fight. A lot of their families hail from Averoth territories... It must be a fun realm to keep that many players with no income!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: March 16, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
Yeah, that's *exactly* what it is....

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: March 16, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »
Wow. You guys just turned this into a real Caerwyn-Averoth hate thread. This is one of the things I hate about BattleMaster.. when things go the wrong way, some people just assume too much and call other players liars. I didn't "fabricate" the war yet I am one of the people who pushed for it and knew a lot of key information being passed around. As a character, what was I to know better? As for my family, whose founding father was exiled and banned from Astrum? Please understand the role-play point of view is very in my favor.

This is supposed to be a community forum, not a hate scene where we dis the other side. Have some respect at least before throwing around assumptions. Perhaps other nobles of other realms or the information we received from inside Astrum was false but how are we to know that? Certainly more so than Astrum's leaders themselves...

Edit: typos :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:01:40 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #130: March 16, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »
I can become easy to forget the IC aspects when we get into heated OOC stuff. I will preemptively say I am not involved in this conflict, and any refutations made by either side, let's keep in mind whether we really know what was going on with the characters. Lies and deception work on all levels, so for all we know Caerwyn's ruler really believed whatever he said, even if SA disagrees.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: March 16, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
Wow. You guys just turned this into a real Caerwyn-Averoth hate thread. This is one of the things I hate about BattleMaster.. when things go the wrong way, some people just assume too much and call other players liars. I didn't "fabricate" the war yet I am one of the people who pushed for it and knew a lot of key information being passed around.

Well, perhaps they're upset that their characters are being lied about, hmm?

Whether or not you're the one doing the lying, it seems pretty clear to me, from everything I know IC and OOC, that at least a big chunk of Caerwyn's justification for the war was false.  People tend to get upset when that sort of thing happens.  I know I'd be upset if, for instance, Morek Empire had declared war on Pian en Luries, insisting that we had planned to attack them next.

As for Averoth, if they're being hated on, then I think they're getting what they deserve for supporting the most hated realm on Dwilight, and having such close ties with the so-called "Saxons".  I don't know about anyone else, but I have found the Vanimedlé player to be one of the more annoying I have encountered in my time here, and I've never even been in the same realm with any of his characters.  Part of it is his penchant for sending long roleplays to the ruler channel, and another part is his insistence on using Old English for so many important things in Thulsoma and Hredmonath, even after he was told many times that it was unacceptably exclusive of those who do not know Old English.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: March 16, 2011, 11:52:31 PM »
Well, perhaps they're upset that their characters are being lied about, hmm?

Whether or not you're the one doing the lying, it seems pretty clear to me, from everything I know IC and OOC, that at least a big chunk of Caerwyn's justification for the war was false.  People tend to get upset when that sort of thing happens.  I know I'd be upset if, for instance, Morek Empire had declared war on Pian en Luries, insisting that we had planned to attack them next.

This. I would like to think I wasn't "hating" on Caerwyn with what I said. All I stated was the truth, which is that the stated justification for war has no basis in fact. I certainly would not hold that against the players whether they knew this or not, though I will certainly hold one HELL of a grudge IC.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: March 17, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »
Certainly I would dislike being lied about but I also dislike being called a liar and fabricating a war I thought was legit. It works both ways. Anyways, if Astrum knew Caerwyn was going to war eventually, why not try and convince us otherwise? You instead let things play out and against you.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: March 17, 2011, 01:09:09 AM »
Wow. You guys just turned this into a real Caerwyn-Averoth hate thread. This is one of the things I hate about BattleMaster.. when things go the wrong way, some people just assume too much and call other players liars. I didn't "fabricate" the war yet I am one of the people who pushed for it and knew a lot of key information being passed around. As a character, what was I to know better? As for my family, whose founding father was exiled and banned from Astrum? Please understand the role-play point of view is very in my favor.

This is supposed to be a community forum, not a hate scene where we dis the other side. Have some respect at least before throwing around assumptions. Perhaps other nobles of other realms or the information we received from inside Astrum was false but how are we to know that? Certainly more so than Astrum's leaders themselves...

Edit: typos :P

I saw no hate against Caerwyn in this thread, just people stating the view of the conflict from THEIR perspective. Averoth is another matter, but then if the Vanimedlé family is there, that is par for the course. I've encountered ALOT of players that detest the way he plays, both for the whole Old English thing but also for the "methods" they used to keep their stronghold standing.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.