Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 250364 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #165: March 19, 2011, 04:43:14 PM »
Yep. We were at War with Pian and Luries even, as we didn't hand the City back in time. D'Hara has a thing for coastal cities ;)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: March 19, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
What we've been told in Madina is that D'Hara is likely to hand the region back to further an alliance with Madina for the war with SA.

Seems a shame to me, some of us worked quite hard to make the region rebel and now it's just going to be given straight back to us - given the trend of giving regions back to their former owners, it'll likely go back to the old Duke too :(

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: March 19, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »
Then you're really doing something wrong in Madina :P Not returning the City would be diplomatic suicide and I think our Banker can't handle much more peasants dying daily ;)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: March 20, 2011, 01:40:34 AM »
PeL is trying to raid Fissoa, however undisciplined actions are costing them troops. Queen Alanna is routing after her defeat, rumours say.

Their main force is closing in on the capital though...

All in all, PeL is not living up to the threats the've been giving out so freely :)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: March 20, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »
Yep. We were at War with Pian and Luries even, as we didn't hand the City back in time. D'Hara has a thing for coastal cities ;)

Correction: Coastal cities have a thing for D'Hara. 8)

What we've been told in Madina is that D'Hara is likely to hand the region back to further an alliance with Madina for the war with SA.

Seems a shame to me, some of us worked quite hard to make the region rebel and now it's just going to be given straight back to us - given the trend of giving regions back to their former owners, it'll likely go back to the old Duke too :(

D'Hara doesn't want war with anybody. I guess your leadership is lying to you. How shocking.  ::)
------
qui audet vincit

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: March 20, 2011, 02:22:23 AM »
PeL is trying to raid Fissoa, however undisciplined actions are costing them troops. Queen Alanna is routing after her defeat, rumours say.

Their main force is closing in on the capital though...

All in all, PeL is not living up to the threats the've been giving out so freely :)

<smiles> I think destroying the Fissoan force that made an incursion, slaughtering a fair bit of militia, looting at our leisure, and moving to sack the townsland surrounding the Fissoan capital while the Fissoan army is reduced to picking off stragglers demonstrates the point fairly clearly.

This word will be sent out IC through various channels, but do note that the relative restraint in looting was intentional, not accidental.  If I'd wanted to do it, three or four Fissoan regions would be half-burned and depopulated already.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: March 20, 2011, 02:38:43 AM »
<smiles> I think destroying the Fissoan force that made an incursion, slaughtering a fair bit of militia, looting at our leisure, and moving to sack the townsland surrounding the Fissoan capital while the Fissoan army is reduced to picking off stragglers demonstrates the point fairly clearly.

This word will be sent out IC through various channels, but do note that the relative restraint in looting was intentional, not accidental.  If I'd wanted to do it, three or four Fissoan regions would be half-burned and depopulated already.

You have an uncanny ability to make your situation sound better than it is, Bedwyr.

I'm on to you.... *Clint Eastwood Eye Squint*
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: March 20, 2011, 02:42:03 AM »

To be fair, the Fissoan Rebels are lucky the army did not attack their 'army' when it was in Kamande, or stay in Mangai for a bit, else your that entire 'army' would be dead.
As for Fissoa itself, is it prepared to face the might of the Golden Sword of Luria? I sincerly doubt it ;)

The Fissoan Rebels have been very very lucky, but the point stands - can you defeat our first incursion? An incursion that only has a percentage of the full force of Luria? *insert more propoganda here*  ;)

It should be an interesting few days, maybe even weeks :D

Also Kudos to the militia and the unit of Mkhai, damn my evil traitor scouts for leading into Mangai three hours early  :'(
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: March 20, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »

Right... err... D'Hara will give Madina back to Madina... in order to... fight SA? Because D'Hara is just BEGGING Madina to fight SA... right?

Madina's leaders do how much crack again?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #174: March 20, 2011, 04:52:05 AM »
So why does D'Hara have Madina now?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: March 20, 2011, 05:15:37 AM »
You have an uncanny ability to make your situation sound better than it is, Bedwyr.

I'm on to you.... *Clint Eastwood Eye Squint*

<smiles> I have an uncanny ability to read scout reports.  And I know how much in the way of forces Pian en Luries has in Irvington and points north.  Do you?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

egamma

« Reply #176: March 20, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »
So why does D'Hara have Madina now?

Because the realm of Madina has been intentionally starving the city of Madina in order to expel the Duke--I read that somewhere around here.

D'Hara has enough trouble feeding its people as it is--Gornak has now reached the max of 12 caravans, in order to feed the realm. We don't need another food-sucking city, D'Hara needs passage rights for me and my flotilla of trading vessels.

(Hey, anyone wanting to play trader, D'Hara's willing to buy at 40gc/100bushels...)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: March 20, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
<smiles> I have an uncanny ability to read scout reports.  And I know how much in the way of forces Pian en Luries has in Irvington and points north.  Do you?

Actually we do :p PeL is facing several monster hordes in it's borders as well.

Fissoa just has a lot less resources, and I don't think we're doing that bad versus the Mighty Lurian Empire :) We never started this war to destruct PeL, only to stand firm under it's continuous threats :) The great distance between Askileon and Fissoa is our advantage, for that matter. Not having Irvington is a handicap though.

The whole thing in Mellifera almost made Skyndarbau leave it all behind though :p

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: March 20, 2011, 01:16:02 PM »
Because the realm of Madina has been intentionally starving the city of Madina in order to expel the Duke--I read that somewhere around here.

Wow that really means you hated him. Usually before the peasants kick the lord out dozens of thousands die of starvation and you would have back in your hands a fairly undeveloped city

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: March 20, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »
Wow that really means you hated him.

It was more an effort to remove him from office. The Duke didn't buy any food for the peasants of Madina, instead he expected free hand-outs (the constant buy order was set at 1 gold per 100 bushels). He didn't fund his army, nor issue it any orders (even though he was the Marshal) and he didn't actively seek out getting knights for the region, even when new nobles turned up.

I'm not overly sure why he wasn't just banned from the realm, but I guess this way was much more fun! :D