Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 248154 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #255: March 30, 2011, 11:56:31 PM »
It appears that several of the council chose to believe it is all OOC.
I do not want to judge anyone, but allow me to notify that many people on Pian en Luries are a lot on IRC. That there might be OOC reasons, dislikes or whatever is therefore inevitable.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: March 31, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »
There is a big difference between disliking a player due to interactions outside of the game, and deciding to bring that dislike into the game as OOC actions. Do you want to force characters to never act against another character, whenever the two players might have had disagreements, no matter how much IC justification there is for it? The few members of the rebellion I have experience with go to great lengths to separate IC and OOC, and I doubt they would let their personal opinions of another player influence the actions of their characters.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: March 31, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »
Alanna ruled for a long long time. That is something to respect. In that time rebellion has been pretty constant, which can only suggest a few things: "a general dislike of the way the realm was ruled"

I'm telling you that since the time Alanna ruled 4 major efforts of rebellion were made against her. The 4th one is the current one that succeeded. My character was one of/the leader of the first 3 rebellions although was only identified as such in the third rebellious effort. All of the first 3 rebellions were IC rebellious efforts pertaining to the above, "general dislike of the way the realm was ruled".

I can't speak for the current rebellion, but I can for all of the others. Whether those who believe it is OOC, choose to believe me or not, can do so of their own accord, but I have no reason to lie. I'm already far from the realm, and no longer have any interaction with it.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: March 31, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
I do not want to judge anyone, but allow me to notify that many people on Pian en Luries are a lot on IRC. That there might be OOC reasons, dislikes or whatever is therefore inevitable.

Yeah, it's true.  Tim and I were (and still are) friends, despite two of my characters having betrayed his characters.  Some of the people involved with the "rebellion" I don't particularly get along with OOC.

And as one of the three most important people involved with the rebels, I can say definitively that Koli has plenty of IC reasons.  Fulco had IC reasons.  Amaury had extreme IC reasons.  Most of the rest were following one of those three (sometimes more than one of those three, heh).

And, yeah, I'm angry at the OOC accusations, especially from people who should know better.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: March 31, 2011, 12:18:40 AM »
I think the main shocker in this one was that for the first time, the rebellion was supported by all three Dukes. In the past, it was usually just one seditious Duke, riling up his duchy and eventually failing because the other two Dukes did not follow, and joined the loyalist side.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: March 31, 2011, 12:30:17 AM »
I think the main shocker in this one was that for the first time, the rebellion was supported by all three Dukes. In the past, it was usually just one seditious Duke, riling up his duchy and eventually failing because the other two Dukes did not follow, and joined the loyalist side.

Well the third rebellion had 2 out of 3 Dukes, and was in planning for a very long time, as a worst-case precaution, but if it wasn't for a particular Amaury, it would have succeeded....

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: March 31, 2011, 12:37:57 AM »
This isnt/wasnt a rebellion. It is a Revolution  ;) And it has been heavily IC organised.

But just to reiterate, the Empire is far from dead. Infact its doing better than ever.

After finding the Jade Monkey, you must offer it up to the Sapphire Owl before three suns have set...
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: March 31, 2011, 12:38:40 AM »
Technically, you weren't a Duke anymore by the time the rebellion went down. You had no duchy left to throw behind the rebellion, like the three Dukes in this one have. And the main reason for the failure of your rebellion lies with the rebels themselves... it wasn't a particularly well-planned or well-executed endeavor, you have to admit. Supporting known frauds like Mordaunt, incompetent leaders like Gwendolyn, terrible food management, falling for the same traps over and over during the civil war, leaving your capital open for an attack etc. all contributed to your downfall more than Amaury could. Hell, you could probably have gained his support if you'd been a little more subtle and clever about the whole thing.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: March 31, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »
Technically, you weren't a Duke anymore by the time the rebellion went down. You had no duchy left to throw behind the rebellion, like the three Dukes in this one have. And the main reason for the failure of your rebellion lies with the rebels themselves... it wasn't a particularly well-planned or well-executed endeavor, you have to admit. Supporting known frauds like Mordaunt, incompetent leaders like Gwendolyn, terrible food management, falling for the same traps over and over during the civil war, leaving your capital open for an attack etc. all contributed to your downfall more than Amaury could. Hell, you could probably have gained his support if you'd been a little more subtle and clever about the whole thing.

It was very well planned. As far as well-executed goes, that is perhaps another situation altogether.

The original plan had been in place long before Brom lost his duchy, through the manipulation of the Queen. One of the main reasons things were a bit sloppy was because plans had to be rushed due to the Queen causing problems and usurping power from Brom and Loathin and their supporters. Those supporters were needed for a successful rebellion and reformation of Pian en Luries. The plan was never to have a real "rebellion" anyway. If it wasn't for some OOC reasons Brom would have never lost the duchy he held anyway, and everything would have succeeded the first time, with or without Amaury support. Though, as far as both Loathin and Brom could tell, Amaury was so unlikely to grant his support that it was never worth offering him to join us as he would instantly tell the Queen no doubt.

At any rate, that is all in the past, I'm just trying to clear up some things because my characters was one of the oldest of PeL before being kicked out. (And he was involved in everything secretly)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: March 31, 2011, 02:03:19 AM »
Not being part of your rebellions this is just an outsiders opinion, but what it sounds like is you had a workable plan as long as certain assumptions and situations worked out. Now a WELL planned action would have either had steps to ensure those situations occurred, or well form contingencies to ensure the plan would still have the best chance of success.

If the Queen had reason and the ability to remove or limit those on whom your plan relied on, then to me that doesn't really sound like a great plan.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: March 31, 2011, 02:21:33 AM »
............................  Boom! goes the dynamite. 

I really like how the political landscape of Dwilight changed almost "overnight".    I look forward to seeing what else happens in the south.  Me being a Northerner I don't get to hear much about the south.

Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #266: March 31, 2011, 02:28:02 AM »
One question though, are Luria Nova and Pian going to war each other like Giask and Pian..?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: March 31, 2011, 02:46:21 AM »
The OOC issues were people who decided that there was no possible way the plot was IC.  I can assure you that they are wrong.

I do feel the need to clarify something here.

Though I wrote my parting OOC message in haste and anger, I never intended to state that I believed the motives for the rebellion/secession/whatever you want to call it were OOC—merely that not a peep of them had reached Alanna's ears IC.  The way I phrased it was definitely not carefully considered to ensure the clarity of that distinction, but truly, I did not mean to accuse anyone of doing things for OOC reasons.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: March 31, 2011, 02:47:19 AM »
One question though, are Luria Nova and Pian going to war each other like Giask and Pian..?

Probably not.  The secession was part of a plan to remove Alanna without having to fight a bloody rebellion in Askileon and get a new name as some thought that the very name of Pian en Luries was a problem.  The powers more or less in control of both realms are working together, at least for the time being.  I don't foresee them fighting, but stranger things in the game have happened.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: March 31, 2011, 02:49:50 AM »
...and get a new name as some thought that the very name of Pian en Luries was a problem.

Meh. Even I never liked the name.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan