Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 250523 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #30: March 05, 2011, 05:45:32 AM »
I originally came from Melodia, but when it fell headed over to Shadovar and was having a jolly time when the D'Harans came over and then took over , banned me for some rea.son I cannot really remember anymore and then found they were wrong and unbanned me, but by then I was booting out of that fiasco. Surprised that region is still going.

I was actually originally from Madina on an other account , went up to Melodia and helped in the founding of that colony but around that time Tom found I was using two accounts and it was deleted, so I had to come up with a whole new history that kind of resembled the old one without all the quirks... Never will cheat again.  Really annoying that was but glad it was found out early and not at  like a stage like this in the game when I am actually doing stuff fun. Lesson is! DOn't multiaccount!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 05, 2011, 02:08:09 PM »
News from Madina!

I recently had a General there and was trying my hardest to get one army to help out Fissoa. But elections came around and I'd (purposely) left monsters roaming around Madina just a tiny bit (5 hordes running around is tiny, right?) and lost. The new General seemingly withdrew support for Fissoa in an attempt to clean my mess (I'm not sure if he has any plans to go back, since my character isn't privy to that any more).

Monsters were defeated and internal politics started to flair a little. The player of our Doge had to leave for OOC commitments. Duchess of Candiels took over as ruler. There was widespread support for the former Duke of the region to take over, but it came from a lot of the Dogess' enemies so it was ignored. The old Duke didn't have a mechanics claim, so someone else was put in his place who did have one. Some people are shouting about the constitution and the Book of Claims (a wiki version of claims that Madina uses for RP) being broken, but not much is coming of it.

There's a little talk of declaring war on the northern regions, but the armies aren't up for it. Personally, I think Madina is on its way out as we're running out of players to support all our regions.

As an aside about why my character left lots of hordes running around Madina: There are three armies (one of them has just one person in, so we ignore it). One army was off helping Fissoa, the other tasked with defending Madina. The Marshal of the defending army was the Duchess of Candiels, someone my character doesn't really like. So I was hoping to let Madinan regions fall, blame her for not following orders and have her power significantly challenged. That backfired and there were cries of "the General should deal with the monsters, not the Marshal" and that's when elections happened.

Is there any news on the Zuma? Madina had some contact with them and got on rather well.

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 05, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »
News from Northern Dwilight.

A rebellion is breaking out in Averoth.  :o  Shock horror.  :P

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 05, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
A rebellion is breaking out in Averoth.  :o  Shock horror.  :P

Is that an attempt to avoid the wrath of SA?
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 05, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
Asylon has very good relations with Zuma and we frequently trade food and cooperate on monster killing. Its not super buddy buddy, but there is a common goal of clearing out monsters and feeding people... Oh and eventually teaming up and taking over the world...I mean...!@#$ how to erase that last sentence, can't figure out this new forum... :P

Averoths revolt is probably an attempt to avoid Astrums blitz...yeah
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 05, 2011, 05:24:29 PM »
Is that an attempt to avoid the wrath of SA?

My initial thinking exactly. :)
Apparently however, Averoth's leader was quite inactive and not making any decisions regarding it's defense against SA.
A combination of both perhaps?

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #36: March 05, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »
My initial thinking exactly. :)
Apparently however, Averoth's leader was quite inactive and not making any decisions regarding it's defense against SA.
A combination of both perhaps?

Replace inactive with erratic. Speaking of erratic, anyone seen Haruka lately?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 05, 2011, 08:54:43 PM »
There's a little talk of declaring war on the northern regions, but the armies aren't up for it. Personally, I think Madina is on its way out as we're running out of players to support all our regions.

Is there any news on the Zuma? Madina had some contact with them and got on rather well.

I suspected Madina had a character shortage. Terran's a little low also; we could use 2 or 3 more knights.

Candiels should secede, and Fatmilak should join it. Join the Maroccidental community! Support the League of the Véinsørmoot! Maroccidens for Maroccidens!

The Zuma... are erratic. Hireshmont has a working relationship with Ambassador Garret, their liaison to the outside world. We have mostly a policy of passive neglect towards one another, but the Zuma are given a limited voice within the Véinsørmoot, so we do have some formal relations with them.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 05, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
Oh dear Madina.  :o
Just declared their position against SA and I'm guessing this is their way to sort out character shortages (refugees).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:50:46 PM by Triggster »

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: March 05, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
I believe the current attitude towards the Zuma is pretty much 'Don't piss them off', as seen what happened when they didn't like the new Duke of Rettleville.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 05, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »
Candiels should secede, and Fatmilak should join it.

Problem there, Fatmilak is the capital :P

Madina might secede and become, umm... Madina?

Oh dear Madina.  :o
Just declared their position against SA and I'm guessing this is their way to sort out character shortages (refugees).

That's just a side effect. We've had a few bad meetings with SA, I guess the Dogess just remembered them :)

I look forward to seeing how SA takes it though, with Madina being so far to the south it's quite hard for them to declare war. We tried with D'Hara and it didn't go too well, they were only a boat ride away from our capital at the time.

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: March 05, 2011, 11:36:03 PM »
That's just a side effect. We've had a few bad meetings with SA, I guess the Dogess just remembered them :)

I look forward to seeing how SA takes it though, with Madina being so far to the south it's quite hard for them to declare war. We tried with D'Hara and it didn't go too well, they were only a boat ride away from our capital at the time.

Fair enough. ^_^
Due to the distance war wouldn't be possible. The only trouble this really causes for SA is how Madina could prevent their expansion southwards.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 06, 2011, 12:36:21 AM »
Problem there, Fatmilak is the capital :P
Not a problem at all. The capital cannot secede, but it can change its allegiance to another realm as long as it is not the last remaining duchy in the realm :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 06, 2011, 06:44:44 AM »
Hm, didn't know that D'Hara was formed by PeL rebels. That was, I think, while I was paused for a few weeks, or else early in Terran's time, when I had bigger things on my mind.

Heh Melodia. Now Melodia was a fun piece of chaos.

You learn something new every day.

Not that today's D'Hara has much to do with Shadovar's original rebels.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: March 06, 2011, 06:47:44 AM »
Someone mind telling me why Madina's capital is no longer Madina?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron