Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 250807 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #45: March 06, 2011, 07:05:13 AM »
Can someone please tell me how Haruka and her ilk have become the victims in this fiasco? They have tortured priests... TORTURED! The war with SA didn't go full tilt until they TORTURED SA priests, not once did SA torture a Saxon priest, yet SA is getting the bad reputation of destroying a realm that was rabidly xenophobic, that stated over and over again how superior their own faith is and their desire to destroy all other lower faiths other than Hedremoth and TORTURED priests, not once but 2 or 3 times as I remember..

Then Averoth, who signed a Federation with Thulsoma during my reign as the original founder of Thulsoma, I leave and Averoth comes to the aide of Thulsoma under the Saxon hegemony and fullfills the federation with Thulsoma for a federation that was originally signed for Averoth to defend a fellow Sanguis Astroist theocratic state from invasion from the fascist regime of Libero.

Can anyone see how messed up the situation is in the north and how it could have been avoided if Sanguis Astroism and Libero had of heeded my diplomatic overtures to the leadership in Libero, which they chose to ignore so they could start a war with  a fellow Astroist theocracy... All for land and power, now see how far Libero has fallen, to a mere 16 nobles and Summerdale claiming the lands that thousands of SA crusaders died for... The quagmire of the northern war, fullfilled all by the masterplan of one man, Glaumring the Apasurain..muhahahhaha
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: March 06, 2011, 11:42:23 AM »
Can someone please tell me how Haruka and her ilk have become the victims in this fiasco? They have tortured priests... TORTURED! The war with SA didn't go full tilt until they TORTURED SA priests, not once did SA torture a Saxon priest, yet SA is getting the bad reputation of destroying a realm that was rabidly xenophobic, that stated over and over again how superior their own faith is and their desire to destroy all other lower faiths other than Hedremoth and TORTURED priests, not once but 2 or 3 times as I remember..

Doesn't this necessitate that the priests were first imprisoned? and doesn't it follow that they must have been in a land where they were uninvited? 
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: March 06, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »
Someone mind telling me why Madina's capital is no longer Madina?

The Council at the time didn't like the Duke of Madina. It was a case of "he doesn't log in any more, how can we deal with it in character?" We decided to start weakening him by removing people from his army, not actively selling food to Madina, poaching his knights and then moving the capital. He still keeps the region alive, but the power locked up in the region has pretty much gone now. The next step will be poaching his regions, but I'm no longer part of the Council so I can't say if we're doing that or not.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: March 06, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
Uninvited or not torture is something that I wouldn't just bandy about as a remedy, banishment is sufficient no? Or negotation. There was also an Astroist temple in the Saxon lands, I built it... It was torn down by the saxons, the temple there preceeded their arrival by many years. The main problem is this, Libero pushed and pushed for a war, and we original Thulsomans decided instead of fighting we would unite with Summerdale and retake Thulsoman lands(game mechanics wouldnt allow our kingdoms to join as one) Then as if by chance , either a curse or blessing... The Saxons came from across the sea and made the Thulsoman exodus so much more interesting, Haruka seized the empty throne of Thulsoma and called her nobles from far lands to rebuild the kingdom of Thulsoma as a new entity, the Saxon Hedremoth faith... For it helped us to fight the war against Libero without our own nobles losing a single man or spending a dime.... the Saxons would weaken Libero for us... We receeded into the far lands away from Summerdale and the north and joined Asylon.

Would an expert on that conflict please weigh in? I am only familiar with the build up, and Libero aggression, not the later Saxon arrival and crusade part
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #49: March 06, 2011, 02:22:34 PM »
For it helped us to fight the war against Libero without our own nobles losing a single man or spending a dime.... the Saxons would weaken Libero for us... We receeded into the far lands away from Summerdale and the north and joined Asylon.

That's an interesting way of re-writing history - "It was all my master plan!".

Being a council member in Libero since it's inception, I can quite positively say that the aggression against Thulsoma as a Theocracy was imagined. We had a much bigger problem with Summerdale and didn't want to delve into the religious issues of fighting another SA realm.

You personally sent me several OOC letters on the issue and I responded at that time in kind that there was no pressing IC reason for a war with Thulsoma to occur.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #50: March 06, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
A few posts back someone explained the situation with Madina's capital.

As for D'Hara, it went through several adjustments since the original Shadovar rebellion. Katayanna seceded to form D'Hara. Later Cenarious rebelled and became the Dragon King in 2008. In 2010 or sometime recently Cenarious disappeared and now there's a new guy. Ask D'Harans for details.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: March 06, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
Can someone please tell me how Haruka and her ilk have become the victims in this fiasco?

They are victims only in their own minds. From the day Haruka arrived on Dwilight she took an aggressive and hostile attitude toward SA. She started by insulting nobility in general, claiming that she was "just walking down the street" when a council of peasants walked up to her and told her they wanted her to be their Queen. (This was, literally, the day after she arrived in Thulsoma. It's also why quite a few people refer to Haruka as the "Peasant Queen".) Then Thulsoma proceeded to inform SA that the 99.9% SA following in Thulsoma was a not true, that all the peasants were really followers of Hredmonath, they were just pretending to be followers of SA. Once they built a temple of their new religion they would all convert.

That was when I ordered a priest to be sent to Thulsoma to just stir up a little trouble to point out how things really were on the religion side of things. We did, actually, have 99.9% following in Thulsoman lands. And as Thulsoma had been formed by SA as an SA realm, we felt quite justified in having our priests in Thulsoman lands. Elsebeth, unfortunately, got captured and promptly tortured. We knew at the time that LE was planning on attacking Thulsoma, so we decided to hang back for a while and let LE take care of Thulsoma for us, rather than attack ourselves.

Unfortunately LE flubbed it badly. Very badly. Thulsoma also formed their religion for real and started to convert the peasantry. SA had no choice but to take care of it ourselves. That's when I declared the crusade against Thulsoma.

LE's war against Thulsoma had no influence whatsoever with SA going after Thulsoma. There's no way that SA would go out of its way to prop up LE.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #52: March 06, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
D'Hara:
I can confirm that it was in January 2011 that the Dragon King finally paused, after a long period of very little activity. We now have a republic ruled by the region lords.

Marche Telrunya is our Prime Minister.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: March 06, 2011, 04:43:37 PM »
Doesn't this necessitate that the priests were first imprisoned? and doesn't it follow that they must have been in a land where they were uninvited?

This precisely. And you can't ban priests unless they are caught in the act of doing something nasty. SA priests had nothing to do there, it was clear they were just setting up the grounds for an invasion, as all leaked messages from SA clearly paint.

Notably SA's will to have it illegal for any realm to banish SA priest preaching, lest all the SA realms invade. Obviously, non-SA realms don't like this.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: March 06, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »
This precisely. And you can't ban priests unless they are caught in the act of doing something nasty. SA priests had nothing to do there, it was clear they were just setting up the grounds for an invasion, as all leaked messages from SA clearly paint.

Notably SA's will to have it illegal for any realm to banish SA priest preaching, lest all the SA realms invade. Obviously, non-SA realms don't like this.

Did you read Indirik's post? Or just ignore it because it didn't support your preconceptions?

I mean, I'm hardly the biggest fan of SA, but come on...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: March 06, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
Did you read Indirik's post? Or just ignore it because it didn't support your preconceptions?

I mean, I'm hardly the biggest fan of SA, but come on...

I didn't ignore it, I've read this before.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: March 06, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
Heh.

In Terran, one of our lords managed to unilaterally sack an Astroist temple and get away with it.

Woops!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Triggster

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: March 06, 2011, 05:21:48 PM »
Heh.

In Terran, one of our lords managed to unilaterally sack an Astroist temple and get away with it.

Woops!

This quite possibly deserves a medal. xD

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: March 06, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
D'Hara:
I can confirm that it was in January 2011 that the Dragon King finally paused, after a long period of very little activity. We now have a republic ruled by the region lords.

Marche Telrunya is our Prime Minister.

Or some sort of Monarchy - Republic mashed up attempt there. Vellos knows a bit more behind that history, as my character had the pleasure of screwing the original plans up. My character was actually sad the King abdicated, even though he was strongly against him. I still wonder how we would have pulled off our alternate plans. It's a pity that never materialized.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: March 06, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »
This quite possibly deserves a medal. xD

We managed to build a SA temple right next to Caerwyn and not start a war (much to the displeasure of a few SA people), does that deserve a medal? or do only anti SA actions get those?
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist